DON'T BREAK THE RULES BOOK 2: CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1 - BOOK 2

"She will be remembered for the rest of eternity, as her angel follows is and guides us for the rest of our lives as well. We thank you for joining us today."

Joe watched as they lowered the casket, throwing his white flower into the grave. Then, he watched as the shovels were grabbed from two workers and they began returning the mud into its home, hiding underneath the flowers and the casket that had all the dismantled parts of his grandmother. Her body had been found months later, barely recognizable and only traced from the DNA. There was an investigation that had been opened, but the case was cold from the start as there were no evidence of anything. No fingerprint, not a single trace of another DNA as it had been washed away from the time spent buried underwater.

Joe tried several times, telling the police that Connor had been the one to murder not only his grandmother but his friend, Jamie. He gave him all the details, where Jamie used to live, where his grandmother used to live, what happened that fateful night. The first time he did, mentioning Connor's name instantly made the officers turn to one another and chuckle. One of them recognized Joe and said, "Aren't you his husband?"

"Wait, I did hear on the news he was mentally ill, Connor said that once in an interview."

"Oh," the other officer nodded his head, "let's keep him in a cell for the night then. He might be off his meds."

Joe was detained against his will, locked away in a cell and even when they contacted Connor, the only thing he said was, "Make him stay there for the whole night, I'll come tomorrow morning. Maybe then he can learn how to behave."

Connor wrapped his arm around Joe the minute he saw h, squeezing him with so much warmth that Joe almost believed it was real. He heard Connor speak to the officers for a little bit before interlacing his fingers with Joe and heading to his car. It was only when the motor turned on that his facade disappeared from his face and he narrowed his eyes towards Joe, "You're a waste of my time, you know that? How many times are you going to try to rat me out?"

"As long as it takes to get you in jail."

"You're not going to get me in jail Joe, it'll never work." He snorted, shaking his head without any remorse. "Yes, I killed your fucking grandmother but she was a damn nuisance. She didn't even like you—I did you a favour."

Joe suddenly felt nauseous. He had never even imagined hearing these words from Connor's mouth before, and hearing them was way more than....

THE REST OF THE CHAPTER POSTED ON PATREON. CHECK MY BIO FOR THE LINK! WLL START POSTING CHAPTER EVERY 1-2 DAYS