Chapter 1 My New Year

Chapter 1

It was a nice summer day, and I was walking with my best friend Trinity Harvard who is my neighbor, to school. You see, I moved to Tokyo, Japan at the beginning of the summer so that I could escape my old life in America. I was bullied there and I don't plan to go back there. I went to the Ryohoku Middle School in California where I played for the best team there, but we didn't start strong in the beginning. Anyways, lets get out of my old life, I'm suppose to be moving on. Okay,Trinity has been my friend ever since I moved here. It started out with her family coming over to my house to meet my parents, but both of my parents passed away a long time ago. Instead of meeting my parents, they met my four older brothers: Aito, Daiki, Eita, and Eri. They also met me, who was the only girl in the house. The dinner was fine and it was the first time I actually had a very good meal. Eita always cooks, and it is good like a professional chef, but it is too healthy. When we got there, we had the freshman ceremony where they would welcome us to the school.

I walked out of the main building and outside to the courtyard where all the clubs were. Trinity and I met right near the cheerleading sign ups, which she already signed up for. I then followed her to the Girl's Volleyball and then she followed me to where the basketball sign ups would be in the sports category of clubs. When we go there all I saw was the words BASKETBALL CLUB in bold letters. I walked up to the table and asked the girl, "Umm, do you know where the sign ups for the girl's basketball club is?" The girl answered, "I'm sorry, we don't have it this year." I felt horror struck as I walked away. I soon noticed Trinity whispering to a boy near where the basketball sign ups were. I thought, what a flirt. The guy that she was talking to, grabbed a application for the club and walked away with it. Trinity grabbed my arm saying, "Come on, there's no time to lose!" She brought me to the side of the school and she said, "I want you to trust me Ren." I nodded even though I had no idea what she was planning to do. She told me to turn around, which I did. I started to hear snipping noises. Locks of my own hair was being cut off! I was about to tell her to stop, but I knew it was something I had to do. If I wanted to be able to play basketball, I would. I knew I looked bad in a skirt with a boy's haircut so the boy that Trinity asked to get the form brought me the guys uniform. I asked Trinity who he was and she said they went to middle school together and he was one of her best friends.

Once I signed the form, I brought it to the girl and said, "May I join?" She started looking at me shocked, "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure," I answered. Then a very tall muscular kid came over dragging one of the players on the team over to us saying, "Is this the Basketball Club?" He grabbed me by the shirt and threw me across the table and into the cherry blossom tree that was behind the girl. The girl said, "We'll, yes." She gave him the application and he signed it. The girl looked over it and said, "You don't have a reason to play?" "I don't need one," he said.

He turned to me saying, "Your going to let this weakling join? How pitiful." 

He looked at me, I think because I looked really weak compared to him. I looked at him and said, "I look weak, huh? You look more like a monster." I started walking away, when he grabbed me by the back of the shirt and flung me over the crowd of people. As I soared through the air, I had my eyes closed and then I quickly opened them. I somersaulted over the crowd to an open area where no one would get hurt. I quickly ran towards the guy and grabbed him by the waist and threw him backwards over my head. Then I punched him in the face really hard in the jaw. He threw punches at me too, but I was use to it from the place where I use to live. Then someone grabbed me by the shoulder yelling, "Ren stop it!" I looked up to see Eita. He grabbed me and said in his fake kind voice to the big guy, "Please excuse my brother for his rude behavior." You could tell he was angry at this guy. "What he started it!" I yelled. My brother dragged me and lead me somewhere to talk. As we walked people were whispering, "That's Eita Daisuke's brother?" and some were saying, "I can't believe that kid could beat a big guy like that." Then the big kid yelled at us, "Who the hell are you kid! I'll get you back someday!" I turned around and said, "I'm Ren Daisuke, freshman here." I bowed to him out of respect like we did in judo.