Chapter 23 Why Did I Write This Song?

Chapter 23

The day ended with me going to the hospital to get stitches. When we finished that, I looked like a living frankenstein after that. I never liked the hospital, but I guess I was just a regular customer to them now. I had gone there a bunch of times now, so I was use to them. As Trinity walked with me out of the hospital, Kise was there just standing near a limo with a man in a chaffer outfit. He said, "How are you doing Ren?" "I'm good, thanks for the ride to the hospital," I said. the chaffer opened the door for us and we got inside. Once inside, we all talked about tomorrow with Aomine playing tomorrow. I told them about my encounter with Aomine and Kise wasn't really surprised. Then Trinity said, "I just have a question about that guy who tried to hurt me. Who is he?" "That is Akashi Seijūro, the captain of the "Generation of Miracles"," I said. Kise nodded and said, "Never look down on Akashi, that's for sure unless your a captain I guess." "So, since I'm a captain of a team and a freshman who is a captain, which is rare. I'm respected by him?" asked Trinity. Then Kise sighed and said, "Yes, since Rakuzan High excels in all sports. They are always undefeated in every sport, but with Serin High volleyball being undefeated makes them look bad." Trinity nodded and said, "Well, the season is still going. Anything could change and if you want to win you're going to have to do your best to change things in quickly." Then I asked, "Weren't you going to be recruited by Rakuzan High, Trin?" "Yes, but I live right near Serin High. There's no point in going to a super far away school and I like being at Serin because I care about my education more than sports."

At the end of the car ride and when I got home, I went to my room and laid around. I had nothing to do, but then I noticed something on my messy bulletin board. It was a sheet that the music teacher gave me and it read, "Serin High Hidden Talents Show". I looked at it carefully and thought about it for a while. Then I finally thought about doing something and walked to my closet. As I opened the doors of my closet, there was a bunch of clothes pilled in there. I quickly straightened everything out and then found my most treasure item. I took it out and blew the dust off of the case. I opened to reveal a guitar that had a signature on it. It said, "To my best friend Chris and Yuki" and it was signed by Jimi Hendrix. I took it out of its case and started strumming it randomly. I started playing guitar when I was little because our dad knew Jimi Hendrix personally. They were really good friends and they had known each other for a long time.

I stated to playing the song I had made called, "A Quiet Kinda Basketball Player". I started to sing,

"I get on with life as a basketball player,

I'm a quiet kinda person.

I like basketball and sports.

I like to contemplate basketball.

But when I start to daydream,

My mind turns straight to sports."

"Oh oh oh!"

"Sometimes I look at myself and I look into my eyes,

I notice the way I think about sports with a smile,

Curved lips I just can't disguise.

But I think it's basketball making my life worthwhile.

Why is it so hard for me to decide which I love more?

Basketball or...

Sports?"

"I like to use words like 'shut up' and 'slam dunk.'

I like to use words about basketball.

But when I stop my talking,

My mind turns straight to sports."

Oh oh oh!

"Sometimes I look at myself and I look into my eyes,

I notice the way I think about sports with a smile,

Curved lips I just can't disguise.

But I think it's basketball making my life worthwhile.

Why is it so hard for me to decide which I love more?

Basketball or...

Sports?"

"I like to hang out with the team and family.

But when left alone,

My mind turns straight to sports."

"Oh oh oh!"

"Sometimes I look at myself and I look into my eyes,

I notice the way I think about sports with a smile,

Curved lips I just can't disguise.

But I think it's basketball making my life worthwhile.

Why is it so hard for me to decide which I love more?

Basketball or...

Sports?"

"I hate being judged and being called a shrimp.

But I just think back to sports,

And I'm happy once again."

"Oh oh oh!"

Trust me, it's not really a good song because it's like a love song to sports. Maybe I should join that talent show for fun since I don't have any homework. I took out a book, which was my song lyrics book and started writing ideas like a fiend.