Chapter 16 Search and Rescue

Chapter 16

Anyway we all walked to the dinner place, while Kuroko and I had to help Kagami walk there. When we got there, Kise and his captain were there. We all said, "Kise, what are you doing here!" He answered, "To eat diner." He wasn't really looking at us, he was probably looking at Trinity in her cheerleading uniform. The Kaijo captain and Kise made room for Kuroko, Kagami, Trinity and I. Trinity sat next to Kise near the wall and Kuroko on his other side. Kise's captain, Kagami, and I sat on the other side. Kise said, "That was a nice game Kagamicchi." Just saying, Kise talks this way towards people who he acknowledges. "Don't call me Kagamicchi," said Kagami. I started laughing and he punched me hard in the jaw. I said, "Sorry dude, it was funny sorry." Trinity said, "Don't punch Ren, Kagami! You know, someday he could probably gang up on you in your sleep." That made him think all right. I took a ice cube out of my water and put it on my cheek.

Then the door opened to the restaurant, we all turned our heads to see Midorima and his best friend there. We all said, "What are you doing here!" Aito got up and welcomed them to sit at one of the tables which Midorima's friend accepted. He grabbed Trinity's arm and dragged her to the other table. She said, "Don't touch me!" she pulled out of his grip and fell. Kise caught her and they both stayed in that position for a while, Trinity was stunned. Midorima looked super pissed now, but who knows why. Aito grabbed Trinity around the waist lifting her up and dragging her over to the other table. I stayed where I was not knowing what to do, if I should move to the other table or not. They didn't complain so I stayed. They started talking about the game today, but I didn't pay attention. Aito walked over and woke me up from my daydream and said, "Ren, here eat up. I ordered you something." He placed the food on the table and I looked at it. He ruffled my hair and walked back to the table he was sitting at. Everyone at my table was talking about a "Generation of Miracle" player who was better than anyone on the team. I think they said his name was Aomine, but I don't know because I wasn't paying attention. They started comparing Kuroko, Kagami, and I to this guy. When they said I could probably break my arm against this guy, I could feel a lot of negative energy and doubt in my head form hearing this.

I got up from the table and ran outside in the rain. Everyone just stared as I walked out. Nobody followed me, not even Aito or Trinity. When I got outside I ran as quick as I could down the street in the rain without a jacket on. I got to the basketball court and laid int the center of the court. The rain poured down on me as I laid there, I closed my eyes so the water wouldn't get in my eyes. I didn't hear, but Midorima walked over here with his friend. They were arguing about something stupid. When they saw me laying there, Midorima's friend asked, "Is he alive?" "Who knows, who cares," said Midorima. They walked over to me and I opened my eyes. Midorima said, "Your going to get a cold idiot!" I got up and asked, "Why do you look at Trinity that way?" "What do you mean by, look at her that way?" He asked. I awnswered, "You like Trinity don't you." "Why should I say anything," he said. I said, "She is like a sister to me. If you want her, than don't hurt her in the process." I walked away back to the restaurant.

Everyone was there still eating and I sat back where Kuroko, Kise, and Kagami were. They were talking still about that Aomine guy. They said he was their ace player and he was the best basketball player they had ever seen. Kagami was bragging about how he could probably beat Aomine. I walked up from behind him and said, "I wouldn't brag now bragger." He jumped in his seat because I scared him. "When did you get in here!" yelled Kagami. He put his arm around my neck and he started chocking me. I started laughing and I said, "You weirdo, let me go." Aito looked concerned, but he knew I wouldn't get hurt. Trinity yelled, "You idiot! She has a broken arm." Trinity punched him in the face hard. He let go of me and he got super mad, but he didn't punch her. She was like a sister to all of us. When we were done eating, Aito paid for it all. When we got outside I saw Kuroko with a dog on his head. The coach is a weird one, because she grabbed the dog and twirled around with it in her arms. She said, "It's so cute!" She handed me the dog and it licked my cheek. I just looked at the dog and said, "Where did you find him?" "He is a stray, so on the street," he answered. Aito asked, "Where is Kagami?" Our captain looked behind a crate and found him there curled up behind it. "Are you afraid of dogs dude?" I asked. He yelled at me, "Shut up!" Trinity took the dog from me and said, "Your such a coward." She walked over to him and he started running down the street with Trinity running after him. "Wait, doesn't that dog look familiar," said one of the seniors. We all turned towards Kuroko and I said, "Well, I better go get Trinity before she runs across town in a cheerleading outfit."