Connie

The night was beautiful for Doug. It was queit, he had his wife cuddled into his side, she looked so peaceful when sje sleep. You couldn't tell she was someone who wanted eveything going right. His daughter Connie was sleeping in the room across from theirs. He could hear the muffled rain machine from his spot on the bed.

Just as he was about to close his eyes he heard is duaghter screaming. He quickly shot up and made his way t9 her room. "Connie?!"

Connie looked at her father with tears streaming down her face. "Daddy..." She cried out. Doug frowned and swiped his daughters up in his arms.

"Im here...im here baby.." He held her close and moved around slightly. "Its okay... Breathe..."

Connies eyes closed tighter as she wrapped her arms around his neck and held on to him like her life depended on it. "I don't wanna move daddy...i want to stay here. Please! Please!"

"Were not moving...oh Connie," he patted her back and sighed. "Lets calm down a bit...you can sleep mommy and me..yeah?"

Connie nodded. Tears were still falling from her eyes. Doug went into the bathroom and fixed Connie up a bit. "You're a warrior, you are so strong," he smiled at her. Connie smiled back, she hoped down and followed her father go their room.

Doug picked up Connie again and placed her by her mother. He laid down again and held both of his girls. "Close your eyes," Connie did and cuddled into his side.

Priyanka had turned and wrapped an arm around Connie, mumbling a goodnight, and kissing her forehead.

Connie fell asleep in no time. She was grateful she had such caring parents.

Requests or prompts??~~~~