✧ FAI'S FEELS 04 ✧

Start from the beginning

F: What do you think?

SR: It's good, I think there should be an instrumental drop for the chorus and not be vocally focused there.

BPD: I agree. The song is about a hot air balloon if we end up using the song you should sing in a much higher register to sound airy and like you're floating up in the sky.

F: Adora Unnie, can you help me with the song?

Adora: Since you asked, of course, I do.

>Cut

[August 14, 2018]

BPD: Fai? Any songs today?

F: Yes there is.

BPD: Right well you know what to do. Explain what the song is before we play the demo.

F: This song is called Rainbow and is about. Long story short the song is about accepting, loving and believing in yourself.

BPD: Nice, let's listen to the demo.

>Cut

BPD: I like it. The song is really simple and the fact that the chorus just cuts straight to the point is really good. Is there anything in the song that you would not want to be adjusted?

F: There's a lyric which I wrote that I really want to keep. It's "You can get to the purple line" It's mean to say that while you're still finding who you are, like the colours of the rainbow, you start at red. Purple is basically the last colour of the rainbow, meaning that you'll be able to accept yourself for who you truly are once you reach the end of the journey.

BPD: Great. We'll get people to add to the song lyrically and musically, record it and it'll be on the album.

F: Oh wow! PDnim you're weirdly lenient today.

>Cut

[September 04, 2019]

BPD: And Fai?

F: I don't have anything prepared, but I thought of an idea this morning.

BPD: Okay, what is it?

F: So this I got the inspiration after watching Cinderella. It's going to be a princess concept, but its dark. The song will be about a girl and the regret she feels at not wanting to say goodbye to her lover as the clock approaches midnight. So then she's like, oh my god it's 12 already. What should I do?

BPD: [laughs]

F: Do you like the idea?

BPD: I actually do. But we can't do anything if we don't even have a melody to work with.

F: Give me a week and you will.

BPD: Okay that's your deadline then. If you don't get us something by this time next week, we'll scrap the idea.

>Cut

[December 16, 2019]

BPD: Fai?

F: I have one song that I think will be very very very good. I have two verses and the chorus written.

BPD: Alright.

F: I think you should listen to the demo first then I'll explain it .

BPD: As you wish.

>Cut

BPD: Okay, so tell us what the song is meant to convey. I have some thoughts but I'd like you to explain it first.

F: The song is called Jamais Vu. Jamais Vu is a French word which is the opposite of Deja Vu, it means you're experiencing something that should be familiar and have experienced before but for some weird reason it feels you haven't. The first verse speaks about how the person has a feeling of disappointment towards themself, the verse focuses on how the person needs to come to terms with the world they live in however it isn't as easy as it may seem. The second half of the song focuses on what Jamais Vu is in terms to the person, I said that the sense of unfamiliarity to the person comes around what they're known for. The person, they're known for certain things about them like the way they act, their music and their gestures, however, but now it's is seen as something scary and unknown. In the song, the problem that the person is facing isn't that they don't know who they are, it's that they over-identify with their persona. A persona is a representation of all the good sides the person is, and that person to the public is perfect. The person knows that they're supposed to remember these things about themself, but for some weird reason it always feels unfamiliar. But the song concludes by reconciling all of those aspects of themselves, those features they're known for, the person tries to find a remedy and in the end, the remedy is music.

BPD: So because the person is experiencing this jamais vu, they potentially would feel scared that the things they love would feel unfamiliar at some point as well, right?

F: Yes, and the person knows that whatever they do would effect other people as well.

BPD: Honestly Fai, this is very good. I think it's probably your best body of work. I'm impressed.

F: Thank you.

BPD: I'm not sure if you know this, but your seniors are preparing a comeback.

F: Okay...

BPD: This song fits their concept perfectly, and for that, we're going to outsource this song for some lyrical adjustments so it can fit their concept.

F: So my song is accepted?

BPD: Yes.

F: But instead of my song going to me, it's going to my seniors?

BPD: Exactly.

F: So I'm going to get my third songwriting credit for BTS?

BPD: Yes

F: And will my royalties be as nice as the other times?

BPD: Of course, maybe even better.

F: Oh my god.

BPD: We have your permission to take this right?

F: Yes!

BPD: Great! Good job Fai.

>Cut

F: And there you have it, everyone! 5 songs and how they came to this magical world for you to listen to. As you've just seen, I have a songwriting credit for my seniors BTS. The song is called Jamais Vu and you can listen to it right now as I'm speaking if you stream their album Map of the Soul: Persona. The song, I'm very proud of it and it would truthfully mean a lot if you would give it a chance and listen to it. If you guys like this then there will be more videos posted in the future, trust me the Big Hit video archive is huge, we have videos for every occasion.

⋰˚☆ FunkWav's Thoughts

I tried writing a chapter where Fai is in Idol room, but it just wasn't working, I'm sorry to the person who asked for it :/