39

"I might, or might not like him... too."

Jihyo bashfully confessed. She doesn't intend to get confused but the fact that he succeeded infiltrating her subconscious should mean something, right? There are times, out of nowhere she'll think of him. There are things that she'll be reminded of him. There are places she visits where she thought is a nice place to be with him. 

"So what's the problem?"

Momo asked, unfazed. 

"The problem is I shouldn't like him."

"Is he someone else's boyfriend?"

Sana asked innocently,

"Uhm... not exactly, I don't think he's in a relationship but I don't think he's allowed to date either."

Jihyo thought of Armys and how they are so into the idols. At some point, being a hardcore fan gives them the idea that the idols are too perfect to be dating someone. 

"Is he a popular guy from college? Like every girl in different department comes to visit him? Like he receives love letters in his locker every day, etc. etc?"

Says Momo who's now minding her nails.

"It's a similar case, probably the best hypothesis so far. He's indeed popular and receives a lot of love letters every day."

"Or he could be an idol too! Since you're once an idol manager, you must've met different boy groups and found someone you will like."

Sana added in her dreamy voice.

"Huh! It could be one of the boys she managed too. BTS members are not a good catch though if you want a peaceful life that is."

Jihyo gulped secretly. She shouldn't have given a close comparison, now she's on the brink of being caught.

"It doesn't matter who the guy is. We're not debunking his profile, okay? Let's stick to my concern."

"We're on the same page, Ji. However, we need some knowledge about the boy so we can give a better opinion. So, he's popular like a boy-next-door or an idol-like handsome guy. You 'might' or 'might not' like him and you think that you shouldn't like him no matter what."

"Yes, exactly my concern, Momo."

"Why is it an issue, Ji? Sorry, I just can't understand where you're coming from."

"(sigh) If I started liking him, things will get complicated and I don't want that."