70

Two weeks before the semester break...

"Park Jihyo, I think we have something to celebrate."

Said Hoseok, they are all in the cafeteria having their lunch.

"Huh?"

"Eh? Don't tell me you still don't know? The announcement is already out and your name is on the list."

"What announcement?"

Asked Jackson who lost in the middle of their conversation.

"Jihyo took the exam for the exchange student program about two months ago, I think. She made it to the cut."

"Exchange student program? Do you mean--"

"Yeah, Jinyoungie. Our Park Jihyo will go study abroad for the next six months! Isn't it great news?!"

All the boys congratulated Jihyo and cheered for her but she remained timid in her seat.

"What's wrong? You look unhappy."

Asked Jinyoung.

"(sigh) How should I explain it? I'm grateful to pass the exam and I'm happy I made the cut but now that I did it I can't help but feel wary. Do you think something's wrong with me?"

"Is it because we're not there for you? Are you afraid you'll get lonely?"

Said Jackson as he put his arm around her shoulder but it did not change her sullen expression so he messes up her perfectly fine hair instead while pretending to choke her.

"Don't worry, Jihyo we will always call you until you get tired of picking up the phone."

He added and Jihyo finally smiled. Now that she's one step closer to her childhood dream, a lot of things come to her mind that made her uncertain of most things but receiving comfort from her friends somehow made her feel at ease. She wraps her arms around Jackson's torso as a response.

"Are you crying?! Dude! Jihyo's crying!"

"Shut up, Wang Jackson! Why will I cry?!"

Everyone teases her for being a 'cry baby' while simultaneously messing up her hair. The beauty of having her friends around her makes her realize how lucky she is once again. Even though they are all making fun of her now, she knows they all mean well. From afar, they all look lovely to watch and their laughter radiates in the whole cafeteria.

~~

Friday; after class...