87

The first time the couple's parents meet, it was never planned at all. Yoongi went to visit Jihyo and it happens that his parents flew to the US to watch their tour as well. He brought his parents to meet her but to his surprise, Jihyo's father along with Nayeon also came to visit Jihyo. She brought her family to see Yoongi too and they all ended up having a family meeting for the first time.

Ever since then, the parents have regularly contacted each other. They make sure that they will also be friends for the sake of their children. Whenever the couple has some disagreement, their parents will help them clear their minds so they can sort things out immediately. It is safe to say that with the help of their parents' blessing, their relationship becomes stronger over the years.

"She didn't just like Jihyo, she loves her like her own."

"You know, I'm really glad to hear that. My daughter suffered so much because of her parents. I have mentioned it to you before, Jihyo isolated herself from us because she thought she didn't deserve to be part of our family. She is one of my precious daughters but she cannot let herself accept our love."

"Yeah, that poor child indeed suffered a lot. But that's all in the past. She's very happy now."

"I know. Tell your wife that I will be forever indebted to her for treating my daughter as her own. Well, the same goes with you, of course."

"There's nothing to thank about. Soon, we will be officially a family. We are all just waiting for them to get married but as how I see it, we are all already treating each other as family. I will be upset if you will continue feeling indebted to us."

Yoongi's father said with a frown on his forehead.

"Right! I am just being sentimental, must be because of the alcohol."

The two men laugh at each other and clank the cans of beer they hold before drinking.

"Honey, aren't you guys done yet? It's getting late."

Yoongi's mother asked.

"Your wife is already fetching you."

"Dad? It's late, you should go to sleep now, you too, Uncle."

Nayeon said from the opposite side of the house.

"Well, your lovely daughter is calling for you too."

The two fathers laughed at each other once again before they clean up after themselves. The two girls waiting for them stayed until they are ready to head inside. It is another pleasant day with the Mins and the Parks.

~~

The next day, they have different plans to spend the day. The couple decided to walk around the place and have their lunch outside. As they walk, they find a fishing site where they can dig a hole in the ice and fish some trout. They immediately rented fishing tools and excitedly put on their rod to catch a fish. Unfortunately, no fish is biting on their bait while the couple next to them is already on their third catch. Jihyo frowned and doubted Yoongi's fishing skills. 

"Maybe we are in the wrong spot?"

He commented.

"Or you do not know how to fish?"

"Hey, hey, hey. Why don't you try it yourself then?"

Jihyo took over the fishing rod. She focuses so hard until finally gets her first catch. 

"Yah, yah, yah! I got a bite! What should I do?!"

Yoongi helped her pull the rod revealing a big trout biting their bait.

"I knew the spot is not the issue!"

Jihyo teased. Yoongi can only smile because after all, he did what he can but the fish isn't on his side.

"Congrats on your first catch."

The girl next to them said. Jihyo smiled brightly and thanked her. After a few more hours, the couple ended up with three medium-sized trout in their bucket. 

"Shall we cook one for lunch and bring home the rest?"

"My dad can grill it or make it as sashimi."

Jihyo added excitedly. Since Jihyo caught all the fish, Yoongi automatically becomes in charge of preparing their lunch. There are grills available in the same fishing location so the couple just borrowed some tools to cook the fish. A couple approached Jihyo and asked if they can share the table with them. Jihyo looked around and notice that most of the tables are already occupied reason they also used a bigger table. She reluctantly nods at them; mainly because they might recognize Yoongi up close. But then again, they decided not to hide in public so it might also be a good experience. When Yoongi returned, he took the seat next to Jihyo and was kind of confused about why someone else is at their table. But the awkward situation immediately vanished once the girl's boyfriend arrived with such splendid food. Turns out, the guy is a chef in an expensive restaurant. They all shared the food the two guys prepared and enjoyed chatting with each other.

The couple immediately recognizes Yoongi but they are discreet enough not to exaggerate and catch other people's attention. Their respectful attitude towards the couple helps them to act naturally as well. From afar, they look like long-time friends hanging out and not two stranger couples sharing one table. The couple didn't even ask for a photo and just bid them goodbye when they are about to leave. It is the happiest experience they have while dating in public. Going out without hiding their relationship might really not be that bad, after all.

~~~