Chapter:49

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers who waited patiently.

P.S. Isha91, here is the chapter as I promised dear.

Thank you so much for being patient with me.

Please read this before if not you all will be confused. Jeremy went to the hospital 14 days after the funeral. While Cassandra left Coltrane after almost 21 days  from the funeral.

**************

Jeremy  was staring at the door. Not once in his life he felt this helpless. He rubbed his face trying to calm down but how can he, after he signed off her fate. Jane sat down beside him. She stares at her son who is pale. His eyes, filled with pain. The terrible thought that he never wanted anything to do with Catherine and his baby was always on Jane's mind. Somewhere it was easy for her to blame him and she thought, she will never forgive him the way he treated Catherine but now looking at the man, Jane knows her thoughts were wrong. 

"I am sorry" Jane said softly trying to hug him but he did not let her. After that she put her hand over his. Now she regrets it. She should have told him even if that might have been going against Catherine's wish. Jeremy heard her but did not reply.

There was silence between them. He did to react at her words at all. But she can't blame him for that.

"Don't we need to inform her parents?" Jane asked. Jeremy silently pulled his phone and called Cassandra then extended it to Jane. He is nowhere near in any condition to have a nonchalant conversation with anyone. His emotions were all over the place.

Austin rushed as fast as he could. After hearing what condition Catherine is in. He knows a  c-section is a must. He rushed inside  and went straight to sterilize himself.

"What is her condition?" Austin asked the gynecologist as she explained her situation.

Jeremy stared at Austin as he walked in the operation door talking to the doctor. He waited with bated breath closing his eyes. Jane was sitting beside him still holding his hand. 

"It will be fine" Jane whispered seeing her only son on the verge of break down.

"What will be fine?" Jeremy asked. The thing is that she decided that he prioritizes the baby's life over her life. And the fact she did it to make him believe that he is nothing like his father. He closed his eyes a mixture of hurt,anger,  pain swirled inside with an overwhelming fear. He can feel himself breaking the cracks he always feels inside him gapping at him. He does not know what will happen now? Will he ever get to see her again?

"I won't forgive you if you die" Jeremy said out loud his voice hoarse.

"Why won't you?" before he could look up, warm hands wrapped around him. He felt secure as he left his mother's hand and wrapped his arm around her too. Tears fall from his eyes.

"Jeremy?" Cassandra whispered softly and rubbed his head. Jane was shocked looking at the girl who looked exactly like Catherine. Not only that , his son holding her. He won't even let her hug him. She looked down ashamed of herself. Coltrane was standing silently.

He blinked his eyes staring at the lady.

"Cassandra, I.. I don't want to lose her'' He said, pulling her into his arms.

"I know" She rubbed his hair. She cannot console him. All this time Catherine was there for her when she needed her most even if she was going through all this heartbreak. Something drawn on her along with what a great mother she is. Nothing like her. Catherine chose to save her baby instead of her. And what she did killing her own.