Chapter:46

Here you go, Enjoy reading.

*********

When Coltrane walked out on Cassandra and Jeremy before he went straight to call Ronald.

"I have something to talk about" He knows how he behaved with her was irrational.

Ronald Ernest was a busy man. He is well known in his profession. But never in his career he thought that the man he was treating for the last few months will say those words.

When Ronald got the call he was a bit shocked. His schedule was free so he did not object but hearing those words shocked him to core.

"You did what?" Ronald asked, unable to believe he was hearing those words. For the first in his life he was feeling speechless. Nothing came out of his mouth.

Coltrane glare at the wall, clenching his teeth he repeated, " I caged her"

"Who?" Ronald asked, he had a very good idea whom he was talking about.

"Cassandra " Coltrane looked away.

'Okay Ronald take a deep breath and relax. Think how to counter it. This is not the first time you are dealing with something like this' he gave himself a pep talk about busting on Coltrane.

'Do hell with a pep talk!'

"You did what? Have you lost it?" Ronald yelled trying to keep his voice down.

Coltrane jaw clenched , the idea of talking to him was useless. Ronald was busy criticizing him. He takes a deep breath.

"Well, it's not like I did something illegal," he said coldly.

"This is illegal damn it. Keeping someone against their wish is illegal" Ronald rubbed his head.

"She is my wife, I can keep her wherever I want" Coltrane hissed.

"You can't" Ronald takes a deep breath trying to relax. The fact that Coltrane called him to say this means he is trying. As a Doctor he needs to be the rational one here.

"Why do you want to keep her with you?" He asked.

There was a brief silence Coltrane was hesitating before saying the exact same thing Ronald thought he would say.

"I am afraid that she will leave me. I don't want to lose her and she refused to listen to anything except the fact that she wants divorce" Coltrane said.

"Have you asked her why she can't give you a chance? The reason?" Ronald asked at last.

"No"

"Listen this time Coltrane if you want to get your words across to her you need to listen to her and then make her listen to your words. Explain to her that if you force it on her this will be a battle of who will break down fast" Ronald rubbed his head closing his eyes for the last month he was working on this piece of art called Coltrane Mayor. He is confusingly straight forward but when it comes to emotions he has his own weird way. This might be because Coltrane was rejected in the past but if he thinks that Cassandra will let him force her to stay then he will have another thing to think about. As much he knows Cassandra she can be as stubborn as a mole. A good combination if he would like to say himself. But his thoughts wander back to Cassandra. Is she back to being the way she was? That will be the deciding factor.

After talking to Ronald, Coltrane decided to walk back only to hear everything that Jeremy said. He was shocked but when he saw Jeremy kissing her that was the blow which snapped him back to reality. That burns him. After that he was too angry to comprehend. But now that he is on her lap and she is ready to listen, this is what he is hearing: that his love is nothing but his wrong conclusion.