Chapter:24

Here it is another chapter..

Enjoy reading..

************

Coltrane woke up, feeling something soft underneath him. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking . This might be the peaceful sleep he had after all that experience. The sun is up in the sky. He abruptly sat up, after looking at his position. He was using her lap as his pillow.

His eyes landed on Cassandra's face, she was sitting in the same position and her eyes were staring at something the same way he saw last  time. 

Did she sleep at all? He blinked his eyes when she turned to look at him with a dark circle under her eyes.

"I am sorry. I did not know......" Coltrane rubbed his head but she cut him off.

"It's fine," Cassandra said coldly. He sighed after a few minutes of that same awkward silence he opened his mouth again to speak.

"We did not complete our talk yesterday…" Coltrane started but she cut him off.

"About what?" This time she looked at him straight at him

"About our living arrangements. And we need to set some rules" Coltrane said, nodding her head.

"What do you want me to do?" Cassandra asked, staring at him after saying that. He moved away, the way she asked him made him uncomfortable. He cleared his throat.

"I just want you to..."

"Act like Catherine, stay out of your personal matters" She said, raising her eyebrows. She thought he would agree but he only looked at her. 

"What are you saying?" Coltrane asked her to rub his forehead.

"I will be her as long as you want. You only need to pay me 100 dollars per hour I pretend to be her"

If only she could have done this since her childhood. She would be a millionaire by now. Cassandra rolled her eyes at her thoughts.

"But don't  worry I will not stay here for forever. I will find a job as soon as I can and move out as fast as I can. I promise you that" her words are very emotionless which agitate him even further. If only she could get a job, having a past criminal record does wonders to your job hunting. Cassandra closed her eyes rubbing her face.

Coltrane was still staring at him as anger rose with her words. Not once did he say anything about being Catherine but the more she talked about Catherine the angrier he got.

"Are you doing this to hurt me?" Coltrane glared at her.

"I wander?" She smirked mockingly. She is putting salt to his wound.

"You are doing a better job than" Coltrane grit his teeth, glaring at him.

"But why are you so obsessed about being Catherine? Is this about how you stooped low? How do you pretend to be her and sleep with me?" He said coldly. Cassandra flinched involuntarily.

"It hit the spot didn't it? If you hurt me I will hurt you back and this will continue for how long even we don't know" Coltrane sighed  looking down, hurting her was easier than admitting how much he missed Catherine? How much was he ready to accept her as Catherine just to get rid of the pain he felt everytime he thought about her?

"You want to be Catherine and I want Catherine. How ironic isn't it?" He mocked himself or her, she had no idea.

"But the truth is you cannot be Catherine even if you want to be" His hand raised to touch her cheeks. He rubbed her cheek softly.