Chapter:34

(22nd October 2019)

Go ahead..

********

"Cassandra" Coltrane called her, his heart galloping in fear. Austin was there so he rushed in the room to grab a bed sheet. He tore it open to tightly wrap it around her wrist to stop the blood flow. Then Austin wrapped the torn sheet around her. He found out that she was clutching a paper. He picked it up and put it in his pocket.

"Don't sit there. Help me" Austin yelled. Coltrane looked up at him seeing Austin holding an almost naked Cassandra.

That's when Coltrane came around he abruptly stood up grabbing Cassandra from Austin's hand and he rushed out as fast as he could. Austin followed him behind.

Coltrane was clutching her to his chest. He needs to stop thinking absurd thoughts. He needs to stop thinking how cold she is? He clutched her closer to his chest trying to warm her as much as possible. Right now she needs to be alive. And he will do everything he can. Austin drove the car and looked back only to see how tenderly Coltrane removed the hair from her face. Murmuring something to her. The moment they enter the hospital. She was already in stretchers. They pushed her in the emergency room.

"Do you know anyone with O- blood group?" Austin asked. Coltrane looked up nodding his head.

"She will need blood soon," Austin said. Austin does not want to add that the amount of blood she lost is life threatening.

"I know someone" Coltrane gulped down before pulling out his phone shakily.

"Hello?" Jeremy said hoarsely.

"I need you" He said in a hoarse voice.

"What?" Jeremy sat up straight.

"Cassandra ......
she tried suicide, we need O negative blood" Coltrane said his voice closed off almost.

"I will be there," Jeremy said, rushing out of the bed. Austin stared at him shaking his head.

"You need to pull yourself together," Austin told him.

"I am fine" Coltrane snapped at him. He is fine.

"But how could you be so calm?" Coltrane asked, trying to change the subject, Austin flinched.

"I am used to it," He said bitterly.
That was in the past he did not want to remember those terrible days.

"I need to inform Marlyn," Austin said and walked away.

Coltrane stands in front of the door they put her in.

"Where is she?" Jeremy asked him. But Coltrane cannot seem to form any words as if the adrenaline died down and he feels exhausted. He did not even notice how much time has passed since then though.

"You must be Jeremy?" Austin asked.

"This way please hurry up" Austin did not wait. As he asked Jeremy into the hospital , the gown changed and sterilized himself.

"Will she be alright?" Coltrane asked him.

"They will try their best," Austin walked in, Jeremy following him.

*************

Blood...

All Coltrane could smell was that metallic odor. There was a sickly feeling to this. He did not know how he moved after seeing her in the pool of her own blood.

Even now seating on the hospital chair. He felt cold. As if his body completely shut down. He blinked his eyes.

"Coltrane?" Catherine asked.