Chapter:11

Here it is another chapter dear readers.
It's over 3k.

Happy or sad reading?

Do tell me after reading.

Enjoy..

***********

Coltrane drove as fast as he could. He can't think straight. He stopped the car punching the steer wheel.

He needs to clear his thoughts before thinking about what Jeremy finds. But before he got to any conclusion he stopped the car in the middle of the road.

His eyes widen looking at the haunches and exhausted woman he loves.

Coltrane hurriedly got out of the car rushing to the already exhausted Catherine sitting on the bench of the bus stop.

Her eyes widened looking at him. Catherine froze wondering whether she should run or stay. But thinking about her health she stayed. She is tired beyond a reasonable doubt she needs rest.

"What are you doing here?" Coltrane asked her, he kept a certain distance for which she was thankful.

"I am waiting for the bus" Catherine forced herself to smile.

"Why?" He asked again.

"I need a break from everything, Coltrane" Catherine said flat out, this must be one of the few times she speaks regardless of what others think about her.

"Why?"

"Why do you need a break when you already break our marriage?" Coltrane said coldly.

Catherine flinched guilt filled her. Coltane was always patient with her, this might be her first time hearing him speak to her that way. She sighed is this how Cassandra must always have felt hearing him talk to her that way.

No, hearing the man she loves talking to her this way might have hurt Cassandra more.

"Don't treat her that way, it's not her fault" Catherine blurted out without thinking as a train of thought.

Coltrane's face turned steely, "You should not be saying that after all Cassandra is the reason that she is into this"

"No she is not" Catherine looked down her heart. This must be her mother's set up and now Cassandra is the target for his hatred. A tear trail down her cheek streamed.

Coltrane's heart softened seeing her crying.

"I am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you" Coltrane said.

Catherine nods her head when she feels a sharp pain in her stomach. Her eyes widened, "No no no no" she screamed and tears filled her eyes.

Coltrane was shocked for a few moments before he gently put his hand on her back rubbing it softly. "Clam down" he whispered.

Catherine was shaking, he engulfed her in his arm, trying to comfort her as much as possible.

Coltrane could feel her weight on him. Then he noticed blood, so he rushed her to the nearest hospital around the locality.

Waiting outside the room while the doctors check on her. He sighed in relief when the doctor said she is fine but that didn't stay real long as he heard the doctor say, "Your wife is doing fine as well as the baby. But the chance of miscarriage is higher now. She needs proper rest, care and a happy environment. The next time this might be a dangerous situation for both mother and baby"