Chapter:8

Here it is another chapter. It's almost 3k enjoy..

***********

Present...

Jeremy stared at the receptionist shocked hearing the name of the person.

"What did you say?" He asked again not believing her at all.

"Cassandra Walmart" The receptionist said, confused at his odd behavior.

"This can't be true," he mumbled, rubbing his head.

"Is there any information about her?" He said, trying not to curse out loud.

"Yes Sir, her cell number" the receptionist handed him a paper with her phone number.

He dialed the number waiting for her to pick the call, "the number you are trying is out of reach" 

"It's out of reach. Do you have any other information?" Jeremy asked to put his phone on loudspeaker, so that she could hear. He was clearly annoyed at her work.

"No Sir, It was an emergency case and She said that she found her in a car accident opposite a cafe. So, we admitted her without any information. We thought after she regained her senses we would call her relatives," the receptionist explained the whole situation.

Jeremy took a deep breath trying to think this through but nothing came up.

"You need to fill her discharge form and pay for her treatment, before her release" the receptionist said and handed him the paper. He glared at her before taking the paper from her.

He signed the paper and handed it to her.

"I want to ask something," He said.

"Yes sir, What is it?" she asked, confused.

"Can you discharge her now?" Jeremy asked her casually. What the hell is he thinking? What would he do getting Catherine out of the hospital?

He could follow her and see what she was lying about. 

"Yes but Dr.McGregor needs to sign these papers" she said opening her file.

"How much time will it take?" He asked her casually.

"Tomorrow morning 9 a.m. " she handed him the file.

"Okay. I understand" he takes the file without checking it.

He walked out of the clinic exhausted, taking out his phone to check.

Notification

"What is it now?" Jeremy sighed and opened the voice message, " I want you to trace the last number that called Cassandra the first thing. And call me when you get the message " Coltrane's voice boomed, loud and clear.

He blinked, taking out his phone. He called Coltrane, " Why do you want me to trace the last number?" 

"What?" Jeremy cleared his throat unconsciously after hearing the words from the other side.

"Alright give me some time I will find out" he cut the call. This is getting worse. Coltrane knows about Catherine even though not fully but he does which will be a pain. But who called Cassandra is the big question here. 

Jeremy might have a hunch. But two all nighter without any sleep making him tired. He needs to rest, eat a full meal and take a bath before doing anything, especially dealing with Coltrane.

'I need to check my penthouse' he thought to himself and called a taxi. 'I will do it later for now I will get something for dinner and sleep'

"Hello" Jeremy called his secretary, stopping the car near a pizza stand.