Chapter:38

This chapter is almost 4k. Thank you for waiting dear readers.

Merry Christmas to all of my dear readers.

P.S. I will suggest you to wait till 26th December and enjoy today. I don't want you to read this and become sad on a auspicious day.

*********

Catherine wakes up as she falls asleep while talking to Coltrane. Jeremy was sitting beside her, Austin and Coltrane was standing staring at each other coldy. She slowly sat up sensing the tension.

"Are you hungry?" She shakes her head.

"Do you want to eat something?" 

"No I am fine. How is she?" Catherine asked. Jeremy flinched.

"Not right" his words shocked her. 

"Why? What happened?" She was ready to rush to her room.

"Stay away from her, Catherine," Jeremy said, sighing and rubbing his head. Emotional breakdown and trauma are the last thing he wanted her to go through.

"As much as help she needs. We will be there so stay away from her for the baby" Jeremy held her hand.

"No. Something is not right" Catherine struggled with his hand and he let her go.

"You are right" she stopped.

"What?" 

Jeremy sighed should he tell her what he saw just now. Everything seems messed up. Cassandra was not in her right mind the last time they saw her. Jeremy opened his mouth to say.

"Tell me exactly what's going on?" Coltrane asked Austin at last.

"Can't you see what's happening?" Austin snapped, mocking him. 

"I need to know," Coltrane said.

"What are you going to do?" Austin stared at him.

"Anything," his voice determined.

He sighed, "This has happened before. The first time she tried to kill herself. The first time when we met it was through an accident she jumped in front of my car."

" When she woke up at first it had a deep impact. She was silent and confused but later as the time went on. Her reaction started to become self harming, anxiety and emotional break down" Austin rubbed his forehead.

"She used to scream and mumble. It's got worse. We need to tie her and make sure she does not hurt herself" 

"How did she recover?" Coltrane asked slowly as Catherine slowly understood what was going on exactly. She looked at Jeremy who nodded giving a confirmation.

"I don't know if you have noticed or not but sometimes she behaves differently. As if she cut herself off of the world" 

"There is a reason for that," Austin sighed.

"She was severely depressed and taking non-prescribed antidepressant pills has side effects," Austin said.

"We tested her blood and we got to know her. She is having hallucinations. The voice she hears is a part of her unconscious mind" Austin sighed. It takes time to figure it out. "As long as she is under sedative it will happen again but the most problematic thing is to keep her anxiety and break down in check."