∆ TWENTY FIVE ∆

"You sent for me, ma." Daniel reported to Mrs Iboro few minutes after the junior student was asked to call him.

"Yes, I did." She replied. "Sit next to Tobi over there. I'll be with you guys in a minute." She pointed over to me.

His eyes widened in surprise upon seeing me but he was quick to conceal his surprise gaze with a frown. Stepping towards me, he took slow strides then sat in the stool next to me.

"What's going on?" He ask a perplexed look on his face.

"I have no idea. You were in the class when she asked me to follow her." I reminded him whispering.

He nods and stared at nothing in particular as he was enveloped in his own thoughts. "Do you think she knows?"

I bit my lip, "I don't think so. It was after school, we were the only ones there." I tried to calm him but deep down I knew I was calming myself.

"We will just deny it." He bit his lip and took my hands giving it a slight squeeze, "it'll be fine."

Mrs Iboro was still conversing with Mr Raymond. Both teachers were criticising the Lagos state government on the newly implemented ban of bikes and tricycles.

Mrs Iboro finally got up from her chair and placed notebooks stacked on one another before us. "The notebooks are for the SS1 students. They had a class exercise three weeks ago and unfortunately I haven't had time to do justice to it. I need you both to mark them."

Simultaneously, Daniel and I let out sighs of relief. All Mrs Iboro wanted was to give us tasks which she couldn't do due to laziness. How would you have not marked a class exercise from three weeks ago? The smart ones amongst the students would have corrected and changed their wrong answers to the correct one.

"I've written the correct answers in this paper." Daniel collects the paper from her and goes through it. "Be fast with it. You still have JSS2 basic science to help me with." After saying this she returned to her seat.

"This woman will kill us with work today." I grumble.

Daniel and I started marking right away with the red pens she gave us and just like I thought many of them had changed their answers. Their works were rough due to numerous cancellations.

A few notebooks marked, the bell was rung and we both left the laboratory after Mrs Iboro told us an incoherent thank you with a mouthful of yam. While we marked for her during our own lunch break, she sat on her table discussing with Mr Raymond while eating.

"Tobi, we need to talk." His voice was stern as we both descended down the stairs. "You have to explain the cause of your recent behavior towards me."

"We have a class, Daniel. We shouldn't waste our time engaging in useless talks."

A humorless laugh escapes his lips, "you're joking right?"

I ignore him and continue to walk down the stairs but he grabs me from behind getting a hold of both my arms, his nails digging through my forearm causing a slight pain.

He whispers in my ear from behind where he held me, "you don't get to talk to me rudely just because I like and care about you. I don't deserve whatever attitude you're giving me afterall I did nothing wrong. What we had was consensual so I don't get why you're behaving this way?"

He takes a short pause before continuing, " I can't date a girl whom I shower all my love to and all I get in return is her conceited attitude. We're done, am done with your selfish and conceited attitude."

My jaw dropped as soon as my brain registered his last sentence. His hands left mine, he maneuvered through me as I was in front of him, avoiding contact with my body and walked away.

I stood shocked, jaw still dropped thereby leaving my mouth open. With my eyes glued at the back of his head I watched as he walked down the stairs without glancing at me.

He dumped me.

He didn't just do what I think he did? He dumped me? Daniel freaking dumped me?!

A tear rolled down my cheek and I wipe it violently with the back of my hand. I reluctantly pushed myself to move downstairs holding the handrail to support myself as I was dazed by what Daniel had said before leaving.

A/N
The chapters are getting shorter rightI know, I need inspiration. Forgive me guys.

I need a new blurb. Can someone help with the blurb. I want something that is captivating but doesn't give out too much. Do help in the comment section.

And to those of you that thought Mrs Iboro knew👅😂.