∆ FIVE ∆

The noise in our class right now could bring a wall down but I endured it nevertheless. It's break time and most of my classmates were playing truth or dare. Other classes were also inside our class watching them thereby making the air in the class insufficient for us but we still enjoyed it  nonetheless.

I was watching them and was copying my physics note which I didn't complete earlier today. Zara and I were talking throughout the class, we were seated in the last seat which was great help in the teacher not seeing us.

"Hey, beautiful." A voice says as the person seats on an available chair next to me.

"Hi!" I smile at Daniel.

"What are you up to?" He asks looking at the notebooks on my desk.

I sighed; "note writing. I was gisting  throughout the class."

He shook his head and laughed, "I hope you're not one of those gossipers I hear about?"

"Who are the gossipers you've heard about? How do you know the gossipers if you're not one?  See the pot calling the kettle black." I say amd we both chuckle.

He scratches the back of his neck and sends eyes signals to one of our classmates named Wale who in turn nods. I pretend to be oblivious to it and carry on writing my note.

"Have you had lunch?"

"No. I'm not so hungry. I took a big bowl of pap and akara this morning before leaving for school."

"Okay. I got a bottle of coca cola for you as I bought snacks for myself. Here." He gives me. I didn't even notice it with him.

"Thanks. That's so thoughtful of you. It's very much appreciated."

"No problem. I was just thinking about you then I decided why not get the most beautiful girl in the world something."

I chuckled, "if I may ask, who is this beautiful girl  you speak of?" I dropped my pen on the book on my table and closed it while directing my attention to Daniel.

"You na!" He says and uses a finger to bop my nose  making me laugh.

"It seems you love teasing people. You've done nothing but tease me since you arrived here three weeks ago." It's been three weeks since school resumed and I must tell you, teachers have done nothing but kill us with classworks and assignment. The pending practicals we are yet to do is also a major problem.

"I don't tease people, I just basically state facts."

"If I get what you just said then, you just stated a fact about me being beautiful?" I arched an eyebrow. How corny!

"Yes. Can't you see how beautiful you are? You look so gorgeous. Your face is so beautiful, your black eyes and the cornrows you have on your head makes you look more magnificent. Your pink lips which I always want to see everyday. Your lovely shape gives me sleepless night..."

I couldn't stop blushing as Daniel said those words even though I tried too, but the way he kept saying those words ehn. I have a shape every girl would want, I was flat at the front but I must tell you, I am very endowed in my buttocks. Not that I was very flat in front but my buttocks are so big, the guys call me watermelon sometimes.

"Can I tell you something in your ear?" Daniel asks.

I frowned, "what may that be?" He brings his lips close to my ear and kisses me on the cheek then sits back properly. "What the hell was that?"

"I just stole a kiss from you." He smiles.

The anger inside of me increase as I saw his smile, "I don't like such things! Don't ever do such a thing to me! What do you take me for? Is it because I let you say those corny and cliché things to me and I don't complain you feel like you have a right to peck me? I don't like it!"

"Shut up, jare! A minute ago she was blushing while they were doing their love now she's acting like assistant Jesus all because of a peck." Toyosi spoke aloud and hissed.

I stood from my seat to speak some sense into her, "whatever that we were talking about is none of your business. Can't you just leave me alone? Must you comment on whatever I do? Why are you so envious of me for crying out loud?!"

"Envious of who? Who are you? What do you have that I can be envious of? Whatever you have, I must have them as rags in my house." She glared at me.

By  now the whole class was watching the scene before them, Toyosi and I's argument.

"Just stay out of my business I don't talk to bitches. I only relate with human beings." I glare back and hiss.

"See this asewo o! Just because of small bumbum you have, you think you're now a big girl," she glared at me. "Just know your place, you're just another girl guys want to use and dump."

"Say whatever you wish to, all I know is they are real unlike yours that are packaged with foams and pads.  Let me tell you what you cease to understand, you will always be a second hand babe and you will always have my remnants and vomits. Just mind your business, idiot." I say and walk out of the class.

Toyosi was stunned at the weight of the words I spoke to her while the rest of our classmates were either laughing or calling her okirika, which means second hand. That name is so going to be her new nickname and as for Daniel, I will deal with him.