∆ ELEVEN ∆

Dedicated to maramartha. Thank you so much for the support.

Anna and Zara bursted out laughing after what I told them. It was somewhat embarrassing but they are my besties. Our geography teacher just left the class after giving us a shitload of assignments. I hate school.

I told both of them what Daniel told me yesterday, about being serious about me. I also told them about him getting angry because I told them.

"Tobi, why you mumu like this? For crying out loud, are you suppose to tell him everything we said? You ought to have kept it between us as friends. Or do you think we tell our boyfriends everything we discuss about? Common girl, you're smarter than this!" Anna poured out.

Was I wrong for telling Daniel everything my friends told me? I only felt I had to ask him so he can state his real intentions.

Zara moved her chair closer, we formed a circle with our chairs so no one would hear what we were discussing. Our other classmates were talking in groups amongst themselves making the class noisy.

"He would think we are influencing your decision and poisoning your mind about him. We are only telling you to be careful so it won't end in tears." Zara said then removed her tie and placed it on her lap. "The heat in this class is much, they should turn on the generator na!" She complains.

"Abi o!" Anna added.

"So I was wrong for telling him about everything you guys told me?"

"No, you were right," Seun joined us, sarcasm leaking in her words.

I had already told Seun earlier. We both had food and nutrition together, so I told her on our way to the home economics laboratory where our classes takes place. Anna was offering fishery while Zara, data processing. The subjects were categorized as one — vocational subjects.

Seun criticised me saying what I did was wrong and that Daniel would dislike them but I assured her he isn't like that.

"You're not a baby, Tobi. Use your sense once in a while, how will you tell him such things. Even if he wants to use you, will he tell you ni?" Anna said.

I was mute. All because I told Daniel everything my friends told me?

"See, you guys should let it go before she tells Daniel that we said bad things about him. Me I no want wahala oh!" Seun says making Anna and Zara chuckle while I frown.

"Tobi!" A voice called from the corridor. I avert my gaze from my friends to where the voice was from. It was one of  the SS3 students, called Japheth. He's often called senior J.

I frown, what could he possibly want from me? "Excuse me guys." I tell my friends and walk to the corridor to meet him.

"Abdul wants to see you."

"Senior Abdul?" I ask the frown on my face deepening. What could he possible want from me? Senior Abdul is one of the biggest guys in SS3,there by making him the most popular guy in school. He and Japheth are best friends.

"Yes. He's expecting you in our class. Don't keep him waiting!" Japheth said and left.

What could Abdul want from me? Abdul and I have never talked before so why will he want to see me? I walk back into the class with everyone looking at me suspiciously. I've never been popular so they could be wondering why senior J would call for me.