∆ SEVEN ∆

Daniel and I are already on our way to the surprise place he says he wants to show me. As we walked, I prayed in my heart that he wasn't going to try or do anything to me because the route we were taking to wherever he wants me to see is like a forest. The forest is few meters away from our school and we have been told not to go there by our principal because of snakes, insects and other dangerous reptiles.

"Daniel are you sure where you are taking me to is safe? I hope you're not planning to kidnap me?"

He chuckles, "If I were a kidnapper I won't kidnap someone like you, I'll make you my wife."

"So you've started thinking of marriage at age 17. Keep it up, when you should be thinking of our upcoming test." I reminded him.

In International Scholars High School , our test comes up every five weeks and we have tests two times in a term then our exams, these all makes up our continuous assessment. I just hope I pass the upcoming test 'cause I've not started reading. To make matters worse, the first subject is physics, my worst subject.

"That's true. Let's forget about test for now and lets talk about you. Tell me about the beautiful Tobiloba Oyesile." Daniel takes my hand and holds it as we walk deeper into the forest.

I felt fluttering in my stomach when he joined my hand with his. It felt weird and somewhat strange. It's like butterflies were moving in my stomach.

"What would you like to know about me?"

"Everything." He replies as he jumps over a log of wood. He assists me to jump over it and we continue walking, hand in hand.

"I have two female siblings, I stay with my parents. My dad is a banker while my mother is a biology teacher. I love drawing and playing the piano. My birthday is fourth of August, that's two months from now. I also love music. That's the only thing I can think of for now." I told him.

"Ok." He replies. "We are here."

I gasped seeing the scenery before me. The place is an open land with a large river that looks so clean and beautiful. I guess it's because the river is in a forest that's why no one has really discovered it and Nigerians have not bastardized the beautiful river.

"Daniel, how did you discover this place? It's so beautiful."

Daniel lets go of my hand which leaves me somewhat sad. He removes his bag and puts it on the ground. The bare ground is covered with debris. He stands before me and cups my face with his hands.

"Tobi, nothing is more beautiful than you are." He says staring intensely at my eyes.

I move back uncomfortable at our proximity and how he cupped my face. Within me, I loved what he did and his words but I couldn't let him know I liked it.

"Won't you answer my question?" I ask ignoring his words.

"Sorry ma." He jokes. "I was just strolling around here while waiting for my mother to pick me up then I saw a guy and girl from school coming out of this forest. I then wandered into the forest to see what they had been doing. That's how I found this place, but I'm sure they didn't get this deep."

What were those students doing inside a forest? Konji will not kill some people.

He held both my hands while still standing in front of me. "Tobi, ever since the first time we both talked, I haven't been able to get you out of my mind. I keep thinking about you everyday. I see your pretty face anytime I close my eyes. At first I thought it was just some normal high school crush, then I realized I love you."

Love? Did Daniel just say he loves me? This must be a joke or something. Maybe he's just teasing me like he does every now and then. Somebody should pinch me! Daniel Ugwu, the new guy every girl is crushing on, loves me. This must be a dream.

I didn't know what to say but it is very evident he's expecting me to say something. He's expecting a reply. "Daniel," I start and sigh. "Are you sure about what you're saying?"

"I've never been sure of anything else. I'm madly in love with you, Tobi. I can't stop thinking about you. I love speaking to you, I enjoy your company, I enjoy disturbing you, seeing your smile makes my day. What else can I call what I feel for you other than love."

My heart flutters at his words. He pulls me closer to him and continues to stare lovingly into my eyes. I didn't know what to do in situations like this. I am so inexperienced in things of the heart. Anna and Zara are the ones who gives me tips on what to do once in a while when things like this come up but never have I been told the things Daniel is saying to me now.

When Progress asked me to be his girl friend, he sent his friend, Ayo to ask me and I told him to give me a few days to think about it. I told him I agreed two days after then the relationship began and we didn't even last that long, just two weeks.

"I know a lot is going through your mind. However, I must let you know am not one of those playboys. If I love a girl, I love her with all my heart. I won't hurt you neither will I break your heart."

That's what they all say. I've watched it in so many movies. The guy says he loves you and at the end he uses and dumps you. Since this is real life things may be different, right? Things of that sort only happen in movies apart from that, the only person I've seen that's being used and dumped all the time is Pauline and that's because she's a bitch. Besides, those movies are fiction, not real.

"Tobi, I want you to be my girlfriend." He says. "What do you say?"