∆FIFTY EIGHT ∆

Dedicated to YOU for still holding unto this book.

The knock came again and I gave a frown. If it was Jazz behind that door then, he was definitely going to get a third degree. I pulled open the door in anger, ready to yell at an annoying Jazz but I was face to face with some else. Someone I hadn't seen in a very long time.

"Your nose is so huge!"

I tried to get a look at my nose by straining my  eyes down but it was practically impossible. My eyes went back to the young lady before me. Imisi, my cousin had a huge pink suitcase behind her. I was able to finally swallow the ball that formed in my throat. "Imisioluwa, what are you doing here?"

She placed her perfectly manicured fingers on my shoulders. She should have used red nail polish. It suited light skinned ladies better, I didn't really like the sky blue one Sha had on.

"Well, hello to you too baby sis." She rolled her eyes. She moved closer as though she wanted to walk into the house but I didn't bulge so she took a step back.

I scoffed. All because she was older by two months she wouldn't stop calling me her baby sister.

"Also, I've told you to stop calling me Imisi." Her brows were furrowed. "Call me, Mimi." She gave a small, satisfied smile like someone whose lover had called her a special name. "Don't let my fans hear you call me that o. I don't want paparazzi wahala."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. So because of 50k followers on Instagram we won't hear word again? Maybe, she was talking about the ceiling fan sha. Both hands went to my back to support it. I could already feel pain crawling to my lower back from standing for too long.  I noticed Mimi's eyes flicker down and her mouth parted in shock.

She took her hands from my shoulder. "You're really pregnant?"

You're not blind. I wanted to say so bad but I just hissed under my breath. I regretted not wearing the flowery kaftan on my bed but inside I was wearing a black body con dress that fitted like a second skin. This was another point for Imisi. It wasn't just another point, it was a bonus point for her. The type that made you win your opponent.  It was no doubt she had already won the long standing war between the both of us.

Imisioluwa was that cousin you never really got along with. It wasn't her neither was it me but our long standing rivalry was due to uncontrollable forces. We were constantly being compared to since our birth. Who was going to walk first? Who was going to start school first? Our parents were constantly asking these questions and both parents were eager to have their kid be the first one to reach the milestones. The little age gap between us made things worse and even though our parents may or may not have made these milestones a competition, to us girls it was. Each girl wanted to win and get appraised by the entire family.

We were two different people. Imisi was a creative. I was doing better in school. While I was constantly getting straight As and winning quiz competitions, Imisi was always on blogs. She was the talk of the town. It was impossible for me to get on Instagram and not see my content creator and influencer cousin posted on blogs. We were both the talk of the town but in different spheres of life.

Nigerian parents weren't the type to applaud you for being a content creator. If Imisi was my parents child, I was sure they would have killed that content creator dream of hers. I chuckled internally as I imagined dad seizing all of her devices and forcing her to read. 

Aunty Kike and her husband were supportive. Aunty didn't think twice before resigning from her civil service job when  her daughter started to earn from her content creating and influencing. Imisi also started home school. Aunty Kike was living the life being a momager. And since Imisi was fast rising, she and her mum were always going for celebrity events. Her mum also had to be with her because she was a minor.