∆ FIFTY THREE ∆

Dedicated to aleehats .  Thanks for the new cover boo.

I couldn't believe grandma would let me go to the party. I thought she was going to outrightly refuse but she agreed and said I needed to have fun. In her words, "do things my mates were doing." How was I going to do that with a child growing inside of me?

I think her plan is for me to embarrass myself and have my peers stare at me in disdain. The other night when I went to quickly get salt from the kiosk down stairs, the seller wouldn't stop starring at my bump. I thought no one was going to notice since it was late so I just went braless in my blue singlet.

"Is this concealing enough?" I asked the girls strutting before them. Zara shook in the negative while Anna just stared at my growing baby bump. I huffed. "What on earth do I wear then?"

"Maybe you should just wear one of Grandma's Iro and Buba." Anna joked.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." I hissed and went to the huge pile of clothes on my bed. I had disorganized my wardrobe and bags trying to figure out what to wear. I took out a short gown and retuned to the dressing mirror where my phone was. I stretch the gown out for the girls to see.

Zara scrunched her nose. "Red isn't your color. Find something else. Maroon?"

"Or Burgundy." Anna suggested. A plate of fruit salad joined her on our video call. "I thought you got new clothes?"

"They're not party material." I answered, tossing the red dress on the bed. I finally sat on the chair to focus on the girls since we started our video call. It was Saturday, we made it our day since the girls were always busy with school.

"I'm still dazed by how grandma permitted you to go for the party. A party?" Anna said with her mouth full. I licked my lips, I wanted the red, juicy fruit perking from the plate.

"Felix spoke to her." I had called him early this morning to inform him grandma declined even though I didn't ask her. He decided to come ask her and she agreed. I made a bunch of excuses yet she still agreed. I think part of it was also that she wasn't going to be around till evening because of the elders meeting.

"Maybe she has a crush on Felix."

"That's very unlikely, Zara." I told her, slouching my back.  "How's school?"
Anna gave a curt nod while Zara shrugged and murmured, "good."

"Has the whole situation blown out?" By the look on their faces, I could tell I was still the talk of International Scholars High. "I don turn celeb be that." I joked hoping the sore look on their faces will disappear. They both smiled and Zara changed the topic, speaking about the new addition her mother brought into the family. Their pet cat, Chinedu. When I heard the name,I knew where Zara got her dramatic side from. Mrs Odili could have named it something else but she chose to be extra but giving it a traditional name.

I wished the girls would give me intensive information about what was going on in the school. I wasn't a student at their school anymore but it didn't hurt to know a bit or all that was going on over there. They were supposed to be my spies. The only thing the girls shared was that exams had started and it wasn't like they told me. I had a copy of the calendar of the academic year and the girls spammed our group chat with past questions and textbooks. Yes, I was no longer with them but things didn't have to change.

"The other day, I was speaking with Wale." Anna started.

Wale? The same Wale? The friend of the bastard that ruined my life? I sat up, my brows going into my forehead forming a crease. "Why?"