∆ SIX ∆

"Tobi! Tobi!" Daniel called my name and I ignored him. I've been ignoring him since Monday when he stole the kiss from me and as predicted, Toyosi's new nickname is, okirika.

As I walked down the stairs, he gets a hold of my forearm. I do my best to release myself from his grasp but I can't, he is much stronger than I am.

"Tobi, I said am sorry na!" He pleaded.

"Sorry does not change what you did the other day. What sort of shit is that?!"

He let's go of my hand, "I know I am at fault that's why I am apologizing. Please forgive me, I can't stand it anymore. You've been ignoring for three days and you know I can't do without you. Remember you are the first friend I made in this school."

"Liar, you said it was Pauline!" I folded my hands while arching an eyebrow. He was standing few stairs away from me making me look at him by raising my head. If we were standing on the same level, I would still be raising my head to look at him, his built body towering over me.

He chuckled, "ok. I know, but I'm sorry. I miss you."

"Next time you think before you act. I really don't like such things. You have no right to peck me, make sure to respect that if you still want to be my friend." I frowned.

"I won't do such a thing again. Do you forgive me?" He asks entwining his hands in a pleading form.

"Do I have a choice?" I smile.

"Thanks. I couldn't think straight throughout those three days. You have no idea how much your friendship means to me, Tobi." He shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Next time you don't do stupid things that will  get me angry at you."

He nods and says, "Noted! I won't do stupid things. So where are you off to?"

"I want to get a  new notebook from the bookshop." I answered.

"Can I escort you?" He asks shyly.

"Yeah, you can." I told him and we make our way to the book shop.

"Are you going home immediately after school?" Daniel takes one of his hands from his pockets and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Yes. Is anything the matter?"

"Not at all. It's just that there's this place I want to show you. It's not far from the school." He says as he opens the bookshop door for me to enter first.

I enter first, then he enters. I buy an higher education exercise book then we both exit the bookshop.

"Where's that?" I ask puzzled.

"It's a surprise." He flashed a grin reveling his perfect set of white teeth. It's like Daniel gets more handsome everyday.

"Tell me joor!" We were already walking up the stairs to our class.

"If I tell you then it won't be a surprise anymore." He responded. "Will you be able to accompany me to the surprise place?"

"Yes. Just because I'm a nosey person."

"Ok. Thanks, I promise it won't be a waste of your precious time." He told me.

"I hope so." We got to our class, thankfully there isn't a teacher in the class even though we ought to be having agricultural science. Daniel and I went to our respective seats.

As I sat down, Anna eyed me suspiciously. "What?" I asked keeping the new notebook in my backpack.

"What's going on with you and Daniel?"

I laughed at her words. What could possible be going on between the both of us apart from the fact that we are friends. "We are friends, or what are you thinking?"

"They way you both have become close is somehow o." She stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I frowned in confusion. "I don't get you?"

"Can't you see that Daniel likes you." Anna whispers so none of our other classmates would hear her.

I laughed at this point, "me? Like me? Or do you seem to forget that Daniel is the most sought after guy in this school. Every girl wants him to be his girlfriend. Anna, you must be delirious."

She scoffed, "keep pretending like you don't know. But you like him, right?"

My eyes went straight to Daniel and I watched him as he talked to three of his friends while smiling. I really love his smile, and those orbs of his. Come to think of it, do I like him?

Daniel is nice, jovial, funny and handsome too. I must also not forget how intelligent he is. Ever since he became a part of ISHS, he answers questions in class regularly and he also gets them correctly, this makes teachers like him.

Do I like Daniel?

Anna used her elbow to nudge my side, "Tobi, do you like him?"

I laughed, "I do not. Stop saying such nonsense, Anna." I took my bottle of water from the side of my bag and opened it. "That reminds me, he said he wants to show me somewhere after school."

A frown appears on her face, "where? I hope he's not planning any rubbish."

"I don't know. But my instincts tell me it's not something to be worried about."

"Are you sure about this, Tobi?" Anna asks worried.

"I am. He won't try anything."

She shrugs, "if you say so. Just be careful."

I opened my bottle and drank out of it then closed it back. "I have heard but I am very sure Daniel won't try or do anything with me." Or would he?