Chapter 9- "Childish Acts"

"Eh, It was alright," Carter shrugs.

"ALRIGHT? Are you kidding me? Hercules is not alright! IT'S- IT'S-"

A hand clasps over my mouth before I can finish what I was saying.

"Just save your breath, Lena," he commands.

I sigh into his hand which was still on my mouth, and give him a glare.

"Now let's put some Legos together, shall we?" He says all smiley and what not. One thing's for sure, his smile hasn't changed. Oh gosh that's so cheesy.

I keep glaring at him and stick my tongue out so that it touched his palm.

"GROSS GROSS." He shouts quickly moving his hand away. His face scrunched up with his eyes closed.

"Not so tough, Mr.Bodyguard," I smirk. He still was squirming around from my unnecessary saliva.

"Why would you do that?" He asks. He rubs the palm of his hand all over the floor.

"It's all your fault for leaving your hand on my mouth," I say.

"Gross," he repeats, but in a whisper.

I lean over as much as I can, instead of standing up, to try and reach the shopping bag with the games. My hand is short about five inches, so I try to lean even more forward. The distance isn't worth having to get up, so after one more try, I rest my arms.

Carter lets out a chuckle while shaking his head.

"You are the laziest person I know," he comments.

I shoot him a cold stare, even though I know I'm lazy.

"All of your friends are bodyguards, so that is unfair," I add.

He reaches over and easily gets the bag. He could've done that for me in the first place.

"Thanks," I say snatching the bag from his hand.

I fish out the Lego box with the theme of Disney Princesses.

"Which one do you want to do? Rapunzel or Snow White?" I ask Carter.

"Rapunzel. She's hotter," he says simply.

I lean back a little away from him.

"She's animated, Carter" I break the news to him.

"So?"

"So she's not real!" I laugh.

"Alright, tell me. You have never had a cartoon crush before?" He asks leaning closer.

We were on the floor so that our chests were level to the coffee table. The couch was supporting our backs. The TV was on, but it was still on the Netflix menu not showing anything.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Carter staring intently at me.

"Okay fine. When Zuko changed his hair and it wasn't in that ugly ponytail all the time, I was kind of obsessed." I admit. Now I feel like a hypocrite.

Carter starts to burst out laughing. He threw his head back so much that it was laying on the couch. His laughing was to the point to where it was insulting.

"ZUKO. You mean from Avatar? The kid who had a burnt eye? ZUKO? Seriously?" He questioned.

"Yes seriously! I'm pretty sure all the girls who watched that can agree!" I defend. I start to feel a little weird after admitting that. I mean, after all, Zuko really is just a cartoon.

"Now I'm curious." Carter ponders rubbing his chin with his fingers.

"Curious about what?" I ask.