Chapter 8 - "Car Chase"

"Why are we at a toy store?," Carter asks me.

He opens the door for me, which concluded in the rolling of the eyes.

"It's way too boring at the suite, so I need something to entertain me if I have nothing to do," I tell him.

I go straight to the board games aisle. There is usually a bunch of fun games there.

A section of puzzles caught my eye.

"I haven't done a puzzle since I lived at my old house," I gush.

I look through the many themed boxes. The name Thomas Kinkade popped out. It was the all too familiar Disney collection.

"I've been wanting to do this for ages! I see pictures of this online all the time!," I exclaim.

I try to reach and grab the box, but I was a little too short. Instead, Carter gets it down for me. I take the box carefully from his hold. It was magnificent! I admired the images shown. There was Peter Pan, Lion King, Princess and the Frog, and the Jungle Book. The Peter Pan one is my favorite picture.

"You're still a big fan of Disney?," Carter asks with a playful scoff.

"Yes... of course. There is absolute no way why I should stop liking Disney. It's universal! Everyone loves Disney! Do you not like Disney movies? If you don't, then no fear. I'll help you in watching some movies. I have so many DVDs. We can watch Peter Pan, or Mulan, or Aladdin, or 101 Dalmations. If you like Disney and Pixar movies more, then we can watch those movies. I have all the Toy Stories, there's Finding Nemo, OH and Wall-E!"

"Okay! Okay! You can show me a movie, only if you stop talking about it all," he interrupts.

"YES! I'm thinking maybe Hercules! I did watch it already, but it's my favorite. Ooo I'm excited now! Have you-"

"Lena!" He shouted.

I look at him and give an apologetic look, "sorry."

I continue down the aisle to find more stuff. All they had left was board games, but I need another person to play with, since there are no one-person games. It's not like dad is going to play anyway. I would ask Carter to, but I don't want to bother him.

I sigh and go to another aisle. It was filled with Barbie dolls and Action figures. I was going to hurry and go to another aisle, but Carter stops to look around. He looks through a bunch of Marvel characters like Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, and Thor. After he fiddles with the packaging, he moves on to the DC figures, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash.

I just stand and watch as he closely observes all the toys. I could almost imagine him being a kid again.

I decide to go ahead and go to the next aisle. I didn't think it would be a problem at all, but when Carter shows up with a scared expression, I realize I was wrong.

"Tell me next time, before you wander off," he demands.

"I only went a couple of aisles down."

"Still, I am your bodyguard. You can't leave my side," he states. He'll probably get fired if he lost me somewhere.

"I understand. I'm sorry," I apologize.

I go back to looking through the Legos. There was a lot of different buildings, but I chose the Disney Princess one. It was starting to be a hassle carrying my shopping bags, and the boxes. Before I was able to ask, Carter takes the puzzle and Legos into his arms.

"Thanks," I say.

We go to the sports section, and I pick out a mini golf set that comes with a roll out course. I add it to Carter's collection in his arms with a smile.