Chapter 13 - "The Dress"

"I think I like this one," I admit.

"I agree, that color looks great on you!"

"Eh, it's alright. The pink strapless was a fine piece of clothing."

"I am stuck in a room full of girls," Carter complains.

Zach gets up and grabs the pink dress, lifting it up, "don't have to be a female to be interested in clothing." He turns to me with a charming smirk of his, "this one is worth the money, in my humble opinion."

The dress is cute but I'll look like a Barbie doll from Miami in that dress.

"Carter, which one do you like?" I ask ignoring Zach's reaches out hand with the fabric. Other dresses were in a line ranging from darker vibes colors to bright pastels. One was a golden color, but Riley picked it out with intentions to match with her.

I do another spin in front of the mirror to see if I have any growing problems with it: ones I didn't notice before. All in all, it was decent.

"Whichever one gets us out of here faster," Carter grunts with sass. He is becoming fully engulfed in that chair of his as he slumps down. "We've been here twenty dresses later." What a drama queen.

"Just get the one you're wearing now," Riley smiles in confidence towards this peach dress with lacing I have on.

Riley easily found her dress the moment we walked in. She bought the only long yellow dress the store had on sale. She fell in love with it the moment she saw it, she almost didn't even have to try it on.

"I really do like this, but I want something more... I don't know... more-"

"Cinderella, eye-stopping, heads turning, jaw dropping?" Zach finishes.

"Yes. More of whatever you said. This dress is cute, but it's not THE dress," I say.

I take a look back at Carter who isn't paying any attention. His eyes are closed and his fist is holding his head up from hitting the chair.
Look at that, some bodyguard is falling asleep on the job.

A sudden hand pulls me aside and out the dressing room in one quick motion. My heart jumped in panic before I saw the back of a head of blonde hair.

"Zach, I didn't change out of the dress yet!," I exclaim.

He doesn't bother replying until he stops right in front of a mannequin on the other side of the store.

"This is THE dress you need," Zach beams.

On the mannequin, a very silky and long blue grey dress hung. The material looks so smooth with a shine from the natural light coming from the shop windows. The open back had small details of lace that meets at the waist, with a silk ribbon tied. It looked almost basic, but there is a hidden leg slit at the bottom of the dress that'll probably only show when walking.

"Zach! This is perfect," I tell him.

"Trust me, you'll have a jaw drop for this one," he winks.

"You mean jaws?"

"Uh huh."

An employer meets up with us at the dressing room with THE dress. I feel giddy inside with hope that it'll look decent on me as it did on display. Riley helps me dress in a separate room as Zach and Carter wait.

"I got to admit. Zach has a really good taste in clothes," Riley comments in approval.
The dress fit at my waist and had a subtle flare out to illusion my body to having some curve-which I wish I had. The length was a little long, but the skinny straps fit just right. With the right hair and jewelry I know I can make this look come full circle. Although, a ponytail was working with the vibe.