Chapter 6 - "Back to Business"

I woke up with my body sore from yesterday. I really need to start exercising more. I wobbled my way to the bathroom and took a shower.

Dad told me that we have to go to a meeting with the investigators and bodyguards. Finally, I get to know something.

I got out of the hotel shower and put on a pair of white shorts and an america tank top. After I did my hair I walked out to the main room of the suite. I dragged my feet along the carpet with my socks.

"Hurry Lena, we have to leave in a minute!" Dad shouted.

I slugged my way to where my shoes were and put on my red converse. I grabbed my phone and joined my dad. We walked out of our suite, and Carter was there to greet us.

"Hello Mr. French and Miss French. Good Morning."

Dad's bodyguard, Mr. Cruz, was there as well.

"Good morning," my dad said back politely.

Mr. Cruz lead the way out of the hotel, and Carter stood beside me in a black suit. He wasn't his normal joking self, instead he was serious and a bit intimidating.

As we walked my body was aching terribly.

We made it to the black vehicles parked outside, and dad was put in a van separate from mine. I don't understand why that's necessary.

I sat next to the boy in the suit, and the chauffeur started driving.

"Are bodyguards allowed to talk to their client?," I asked after a long period of silence.

Carter stayed looking straight, "of course, Miss French."

I start to get annoyed and I cross my arms not even going to bother with trying to start a conversation.

We made it to our destination and got out of the black sleek van.

"This way Miss French," Carter said with his arm held out to the direction of a door. I told him before to just say Lena.

I walked to the door and he opened it for me. Seriously? I thought. I can open a door for myself. I don't need a servant to do it for me.

I made my way through a hallway until my dad's appearance showed up. I stood next to him and we went inside an elevator. The floor we got on was an office. We walked past cubicles and small offices until we reached a huge room with windows everywhere. You can see the inside of it. There were a long table with a dozen of big black computer chairs that were surrounding it. A man opened the glass door and we filed inside.

Dad and his bodyguard sat next to each other. I sat next to dad, with Carter sitting on the other side of me. Other people I didn't know came and sat too. An investigator I saw the night of the accident was standing at the front alongside Mr. Owens.

I was excited, that dad agreed in letting me attend.

"Thank you Mr. and Miss French for coming today. We'd like to discuss the information we have collected so far." the investigator started off.

Dad nodded signaling him to continue on.

I sat there quietly as the man informed us. My mind was ready for the information.

"Well we see that someone has been sending threats to you, Mr. French. In your house, there was graffiti everywhere. The police checked it out, and in the garage, the wall had an important message. The investigator took out a folder with photos inside. He took out a picture of the garage and showed it to my dad.