Chapter 10- "Dinner Acquaintance"

After a long debate, I finally convince Carter that we go out for Dinner instead of ordering room service.

"Your job is to follow me around, remember?" Is what really shut him up.

As Carter drives around the city, I look out the window to search for food places. It's dark out, but the signs were all well lit. There are also streets where a string of lights hung around trees. This is what makes nightlife in the city so pretty.

We pass by so many fancy restaurants as well as cheap fast food.

Whenever Dad and I went out to dinner, we would have to always go to restaurants and never the fast food places. Fast food places turned out to be "filled with junk and just not classy". It's like my dad had to eat rich to fit being rich. McDonald's never bothered him before the money.

The lack of the so called junk food is what made fast food joints really tempting to stop and eat at. I haven't had a good burger in awhile.

It took about half an hour of driving around until we finally found a good place to try. I was a tad bit disappointed we weren't eating fast food, but no one can pass up some good Chinese.

"This place has four stars out of five on Yelp," I tell Carter as we get out of the SUV.

I check out all the reviews and photos of the place while Carter does his job checking around.

"You can head inside, I'll stay behind a little and observe the building."

"Alright, but don't take too long, or else I'm ordering everything to my taste," I warn.

"Really?"

"I don't know about you Carter, but I think I'm in a mood for something spicy," I say adding a whistle for effect.

"Okay, I get it! I'll hurry," he responds quickly.

From one of the things I do remember, Carter hated spicy food. Since he's a lot older now, he could've grown out of it; however, by his response I'm guessing he still despises the spice.

I make my way into the building by entering through the front doors.

The place is packed and is filled with noise. This must really be a popular place for people.

A lady greets me at the main archway, along with a strong scent of delicious food.

"Table for two, please."

Not only is this place full, but it is huge. A lot of Chinese restaurants I've been to before were no more than half the size of this place.

I sit down at a table against the wall. There was a beautiful painting hung that stretched from one end to the other. Displayed on it was a waterfall.

I look over the menu and I recognize most of the dishes I usually see and nothing special. That's probably accounted for the missing fifth star.
Which also means, the food must taste like heaven.

I stall on time despite my growling stomach. That granola bar from earlier was such a tease.

I order two sodas for now, and sit back and wait. I already have two dishes in mind besides fried rice. One of which is spicy.

There's a clash at the table, and I look up to see a breathless Carter.

"You didn't order yet, did you?" Carter asks in worry.

"If I did, would there still be menus on the table?"

He came quicker than I thought. Carter must have cut his check up really short.