Bodyguard

~ 1 ~

          I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Sighing, I start fixing the bottom of my dress and playing with my curled brown hair. Ugh I look like a doll.

          Only a few more minutes until my father and I leave to a "big meeting". It's not even a meeting. The whole thing was basically just a formal business party.  Everyone stands around holding champagne glasses and having small talk. I get pulled to these all the time and it's absolutely boring. I'm expected to say "Yes sir", "no thank you ma'am", "thank you very much mr.blah". I guess this kind of stuff happens if you are a CEO's daughter.

          My father, the CEO, has a company named Pearl. His business designs and make laptops and computers. My dad, Elijah French, is the proud founder. He named the company after my mother's maiden name. It has been very successful in the past years and has received a lot of attention. In fact, my dad became very rich. By very rich, I mean a millionaire- which makes me the daughter of a millionaire.

          "Lena sweetie, are you ready?," our maid, Autumn, asked me.

          "Yes, let's go." I responded. "I want to get this over with as quickly as possible."

          "You know this is very important to your father, dear."

          "Yeah, yeah, I know," I dragged on while Autumn held out my blazer to put on.

          "You know, I always tell you that I'm fine putting on my own clothes and such," I laugh.

Autumn likes to treat me like I'm the most important person in the world, I guess that's her job, but it makes me uncomfortable.

          "Yes, but what I'm paid for is to help. Now let's go, your father is waiting in the car."

          "Yes ma'am!"

          Autumn sent me a "REALLY" look and giggled.

          I leave my room and walk down the stairs of our mansion. Yes, a mansion. It's a nice place to stay with fancy plants at every corner of the house, large archways, a study room with a small library, a fountain in the front yard, a wine cellar, and a green house. We even have a media room; however, I rather live in a normal home. This mansion feels too much of a vacation spot rather than a place you would call home. I'm not very fond with this whole luxury lifestyle. People may think I have bragging rights, but really I try not to even mention what my dad does for living. My dad's millionaire title really changed everything.

          "Hurry up Lena, I don't want to be late," dad shouted from the car.

          My dad and I used to be late at everything and we didn't care. Now that dad is rich and important, it's a life or death matter whether we are on time or not.

          I hurried outside before my dad would get any angrier. Our chauffeur, Lance, opened and closed the car door behind me. Lance doesn't talk very much, in fact, we never had a conversation before. I try to say hi, but he just nods.

          "Are you all ready for this meeting?," dad asked.

          "Yes dad."

          "This is really important for me."

          "Yes dad."

          "It's a big meeting with some highly respected business men."

          "Yes dad."

          "I want you to be--"

          "On my best behavior, yeah I know dad." I interrupted rolling my eyes and facing the window. I wish I can just close my eyes and jump ahead a couple of hours in time.