5.9

THIRD PERSON POV

Mysterio flew around the room, firing lasers at some storm elemental.

"You took everything from me! This is for my family." Mysterio grunted.

Several people watched from the top of the balcony as William, the tech guy, played on his phone while the simulation ran.

"Pause. Pause?" Beck shouted up with Will.

"Sorry." Will said locking his phone, pressing a button and pausing the simulation.

"Can you just fast forward to the end." Quentin asked.

"Yeah. Standby."

The simulation began moving even faster than before. Quentin nodded his head song with the simulation, mumbling to himself, "Fly, fly, fly... zap, zap, zap."

"Okay, pause!"

The elemental froze again.

"I'm not in love with this choreography, but it'll do. Kill image."

The image disappeared leaving Quentin standing in the middle of the movie studio room.

"Decloak drones."

Where the Elemental used to be, several drones appear out of thin air when their cloaking devices are deactivated.

"Right, weapons?" Beck clapped his hands.

"You wanna weaponize them?" Will asked hesitantly.

"Yep," Beck replied popping the p.

"Weapons only. Standby."

Several drones fly towards some prop pillars in the lot, firing at them as they fly by.

"Stop. Something... I don't know what it is. It's something... Just... You know what? Double the damage, and then run it again."

"Alright. Cover your ears." William said pressing a few more buttons.

The image of the Elemental appears again. Through the underlying drones, it seems like he punches the pillars to pieces. Shortly thereafter, the holographic Mysterio fires a laser at it and defeats it.

Beck gave Will a thumbs up and the simulation ended. Beck stepped into the holographic suit, waving his hand up and down, the image distorting.

"What's going on with my hand? Why is that happening?" Quentin scoffed.

"Oh, one of the drones that came back from the plaza was missing a projector. It's fine." Will replied nonchalantly.

"And you're just now telling me this?" Mysterio hissed.

"It's one drone. The image will be perfect, I promise." Will said.

"That projector is evidence. It's going to tell people what we're doing and how we're doing it. I am trying, to fool seven billion people here, including Nick Fury, who happens to be the most paranoid and most dangerous person on the planet."

Quentin gets more unhinged the more the ranted, "And if he catches on before I've killed him, then he will put a bullet in my head. And nobody wants a bullet in their head. Right?"

Two drones fly up the balcony, pointing their guns at the people.

"Right?!" Beck hissed.

Will nodded, gulping when the drone got closer.

"Pull up EDITH for me."

"Hello, Quentin."

"Yeah, hi. I need a level five search protocol for this device."