4.11

THIRD PERSON POV

Steve Rogers leaned against the wall of the compound feeling discouraged. Banner and Nat were inside, most likely talking to Scott who finally turned back into his normal self, and not a baby or an old man.

"Why the long face?" Tony asked pulling up in his Audi, "Let me guess, he turned into a baby?"

"Among other things." Steve admitted.

"EPR paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you pushed time through Lang. I should have warned you against it." Tony said getting out of the car and popping his trunk.

"You did."

"Well, then thank goodness I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." Tony smirked, "I just want some peace. Resentment is corrosive and I hate it."

"Me too." Steve sighed heavily and for the first time in years, something dissolved between the two of them and they could finally relax.

"We've got a real shot at getting the stones. I just need you to know my priorities. Bring everyone back that we lost, hopefully. Keep what I've found, definitely. And, let's not die trying." Tony smiled.

Steve looked at Tony, a grin of his own forming, "Sounds like a deal."

PETERS POV

Doctor Strange stood up from his position on the ground, blackness surrounding us all and I couldn't help but think how strange death is. Was this where we went when we died? To this blackness, a never ending abyss. Or were we not really dead? Were we simply just little blips in time that were removed from memories?

I wonder what y/n and my friends were doing. Were they dusted too? God, I hope not. My teeth sunk into my bottom lip at the thought of them being gone, scared and alone.

I felt so helpless just being here. Strange said it had been five years since we got sent here. Five long years without contact to the outside world. I missed my girlfriend so fucking much it was painful.

"It's time." Doctor Strange said, the guardians looking over at him, "They need us."

The mage began making weird circles and swirls with his hands, orange magic shooting out his finger tips creating a portal.

"Woah." I gasped.

I was the last one to step out, swinging and landing on the battlefield. My eyes were wide as I looked around me to see every hero gathered together to fight Thanos and his army standing across from us. This time I knew we weren't going to lose. And even if we did, it wouldn't be easy.

"Avengers!" Captain America called from the front lines, "Assemble!"

Thor let out a spine chilling battle cry and we all rushed forward to attack the enemy.

[...]

From across the field I saw Wanda stripping Thanos of his army, Black Panther carrying the gauntlet in our plan to send them all back where they came from. Black Panther slipped, dripping the gauntlet as that squidward guy manipulated the earth, pulling the gauntlet towards him.

"I got it!" I yelled, shooting a web at the large gauntlet, pulling it to my chest.

I landed on the ground, holding the gauntlet to my chest as I became surrounded by many outriders.

"Activate instant kill!" I smirked, my eyes turning red and the spider legs coming out to kill the enemy.

They snapped their jaws at me, saliva flying everywhere as they growled anomalistically. There were so many of them rushing me, trying to claw at me as they died. I was beginning to become overwhelmed, holding the gauntlet even closer.

"I got this.. I got this.." I kept mumbling over and over to myself.

"Hey, queens." Cap said through the coms, "Heads up!"

Thor's hammer went flying over head of me. I grunted, pulling my arm free and thwiping a web at the grip. My body flung into the air, safe with the gauntlet.

Maybe I shouldn't have spoken so soon. A mortar blast flying down cutting off my web.

"I got you, kid."

I looked up to see Pepper grabbing hold of me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Y/n is going to be so happy to see you."

I gasped in shock, "S-She's alive?! That's amazing!"

Pepper smiled at me, setting me ontop of a flying horse. I waved awkwardly at the new woman.

"Nice to meet you I'm-AARG!" I screamed when her horse nosedived through the air.

Hearing y/n was alive was music to my ears! I couldn't believe it! I was practically bouncing off the walls that after all this time, I was going to see her again. I wonder if Ned and MJ were alive too, if May was. I hope May was okay.

An incoming blast knocked me out of my thoughts as I fell through sky. There was canon fire going off in all directions. I fell to the ground, scrambling behind a large chunk of rock.

My breathing came out in gasps, my anxiety spiking. I held the gauntlet closer to my body as I curled in on myself, some blood running down my nose.

The canon fire ceased and the ringing in my ears stopped. Shakily I stood to my feet, stumbling back a bit when someone landed in front of me, a yellow glow to her.

"Uh, hey." I looked up confused, "I'm Peter Parker."

The woman smirked, "Hey, Peter Parker. You got something for me?"

I handed her the gauntlet, looking past her shoulders to see an approaching hoard.

"I don't know how you're going to get it through all that-"

"She's got help." A female warrior smirked.

I looked around me, seeing all the badass female heroes ready to spill some blood.

[...]

I watched from above me as Tony Stark snapped his fingers, a chilling respond of "I am Iron Man."

Thanos sat down on a rock after a beat, accepting his fate that he was being reduced to nothing but ash. My eyes drifted back towards Tony when Thanos and his army were finally gone.

"No, no!" I mumbled solemnly to myself, seeing my idol leaned against the upturned roots of a tree, his armor scorched and his arm blackened.

He was dying.

I ran over to them, kneeling in front of him and gently scooping his hand up.

"Mr. Stark... Tony... it's okay. It's okay... Mr. Stark, we won. You did it, sir..." I sobbed. Tony gazed past me.

I felt a hand on my back, letting go of Tony's and taking a few steps back towards Rhodey. We all watched with heavy tears in our eyes, our friend, savior and brother, take his last breath.

If only the press could see him now, knowing how he was all those years ago. I bet nobody would have pegged Tony for the saving the world type, but here he was doing it again.

Tony Stark was a legend. He was leaving behind a legacy that was forever going to be remembered.

-

One more chapter in this phase

I love you 3000