3.10

PETERS POV

I blew a bubble, hearing the gum crack before I chewed on it again. Rounding the corner into the mens bathroom, I stopped in my tracks when I saw Happy standing there.

"Hey, Happy. What, uh... What are you doing here?"

"I really owe you one, kid." Happy smiled.

"How long you been standing here?"

"Long enough to be awkward. Boss wants to see you."

My eyes widened, "is he here too?" I whispered pointing at a stall.

Happy shook his head, "No! He's upstate."

"Upstate? Like upstate upstate?!" I grinned referring to the new Avengers compound.

"Yeah, lets go." Happy gestured his head towards the exit and I started bouncing up and down.

[...]

"There they are!" Tony smiled at Happy and I, "How was the ride up?"

"Good." Happy replied while I watched a jet take off from outside in awe.

"Give me a minute with the kid. Follow behind loosely."

Happy sighed heavily, complying to Mr. Starks wishes.

Mr. Stark playfully hit my shoulder, throwing an arm around mine, "Sorry I took your suit. I mean, you had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect sort of tough-love moment that you needed, right? To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?"

"Yeah, yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

"Let's just say it was." Tony said leading me towards a door. "How's your girlfriend doing?"

"Oh, we haven't spoken really.. since you know I-"

"Yeah that's great kid. Listen, you screwed the pooch hard. Big time. But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies... All right, not my best analogy." He paused before continuing, "I was wrong about you. I think, with a little more mentoring, you could be a real asset to the team."

"T-to the t-t-team?" I stuttered.

"Yeah." Tony nodded, "Anyway, there's about fifty reporters behind that door who all want to talk to you."

Tony pressed a button on his watch, the wall opening up to reveal a brand new spider suit with iron spider armor on it.

"Woah." I gasped.

"When you're ready... Why don't you try that on? And I'll introduce the world to the newest official member of the Avengers: Spider-Man."

"I-" I chuckled in amazement.

"You'll fit right in." Tony patted my shoulder while I continued to gawk at the new suit.

Was I even ready for this? I barely fought Vulture and lived, I couldn't imagine dealing with what the Avengers deal with on the daily basis. Could I actually do this? Take this giant leap? What about my friends? I couldn't just leave y/n, especially with how things are between us right now.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark." I smiled turned around, "But, I'm good."

"You're good? Good? How are you good?" Tony stuttered in shock.

"Well, I mean, I'm... I'd rather just stay on the ground for a little while. Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Somebody's got to look out for the little guy, right?"

Tony slowly slid his sunglasses down his face, "You're turning me down? Last chance, kid, yes or no?"

"No." I replied simply.