1.11

PETERS POV

My shoulders and hair become damp as the rain soaked through my hoodie and shirt as I ran down the few blocks from my apartment building to y/ns. She hadn't shown up to school in a little over a week, barely answering anyone in the group chat and we all became worried. Ned, MJ and I decided to go to her apartment building and surprise her in hopes it would cheer her up.

Ned had brought a bunch of snacks with him, MJ had the movies and I brought some coloring books and crayons. I knew how much y/n liked to color and this seemed like a fun thing Jason could try and do too. I felt uneasy as we climbed the steps towards her door, hoping that she was okay and not hurt. I cared about her and I didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Kinda dumb of me to say that considering I was a web slinging superhero who put themselves in danger everyday and if my identity was leaked, could put the ones I loved and cared about in danger too. Y/n was different and I didn't want to tell her I was Spider-Man. I didn't plan on telling her at all in hopes of living a semi normal life. But this wasn't about me, this was about seeing if my best friend was doing okay.

Raising my fist I knocked on the green door, hearing some shuffling and the tv turn off.

"I hope she's okay." MJ mumbled as she shuffled on her feet. Ned and I nodded in agreement as we waited for y/n.

"Did you forget your wallet again- you're not my dad." Y/n sighed and my eyes raked over her appearance. She wore baggy Grey sweatpants that hung low on her hips, an oversized mustard yellow hoodie and her hair was in a messy bun, strands of hair sticking up in every direction. Purple bags were under her eyes letting me know she hadn't slept in a few days and her eyes were bloodshot, new and old tear tracks running down her puffy cheeks.

"Hey..." I breathed softly offering a small kind smile, "We brought snacks and movies, coloring books too. Oh! We also brought your homework that you missed, don't worry, I did for you so you don't have to worry."

My heart rate increased when a small ghost of a smile threatened to spill. Y/n side stepped and let us inside, locking the door behind her.

"I'm going to go get a bowl for the snacks." Ned said before disappearing into the kitchen, MJ following him to get drinks for all of us.

"I've missed you at school." I said softly. Y/ns face fell as she nodded lightly.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You're going through something right now and I'll be here for you. I just want to make sure you're okay."

Y/ns eyes welled up with tears and I was afraid I had said something wrong.

"Can you just hug me?" The y/h/c sniffled. I pulled her into a delicate hug as her arms wrapped around my middle. I held her close to my chest and kissed the top of her head in a friendly manner. I didn't like to see any of my friends upset or crying and seeing y/n look so broken, hurt me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I whispered. Y/n shook her head in my chest as I ran my fingers up and down her back.

"I'm not ready to."

"Okay," I hummed, "I'll be here when you are. Always."

"Group hug!" MJ cooed wrapping her arms around y/n from behind while Ned hugged us three from the side.

"Chin up, mamas. We're here for you if you ever need something." MJ whipped the tears away from y/ns cheeks when we broke the group hug.

"Yeah, I know some great places to hide a body just in case." Ned winked.

"Thanks guys." Y/n smiled as best as she could, stuffing her hands in her hoody pockets. "I love you."

"Awe, we love you too." MJ booped y/ns nose and the y/h/c scrunched it up cutely.

"Wheres Jason?" I asked.

"In his room. I put him down for a nap an hour or so ago."

I nodded while kicking my vans off. The little guy warmed my heart and I wanted to make sure he was doing okay too. I only met him once but I cared about him just as much as I cared about y/n and I'll be damned if something happens to either of them.

-

This one is a little shorter so I apologize
Hope you all are still liking the story though :)

Hope you have a great day or night ❤️