2.6

YOUR POV

"Look at you, you're all messy." I giggled picking Jason up and carrying him into the kitchen.

"Hey dad." I greeted my old man who sat at the kitchen table surrounded by a stack of ripped open envelopes. "You okay?"

My dad sighed and rubbed his forehead, "Yeah I'm fine."

"You sure?" I pressed strapping Jason in his high chair so it would be easier for me to wash the applesauce off his chin and lips.

"Yeah." My father hummed, "I would tell you if it wasn't, okay?"

"..okay." I nodded reluctantly so that the conversation could end.

"So, have you thought about what you want for dinner?" My dad crosses his arms over his chest and leaned back in the wooden chair.

I shrugged, wiping off the applesauce from my brothers chubby face. Jason giggled as I wiped the food off his chin, grabbing my fingers in his little hands.

"I ate earlier so I'm not really hungry right now."

"Okay, well if you get hungry I can order us a pizza or something." The chair scraped across the kitchen floor as my dad stood up from his seat, kissing me on the forehead and doing the same to Jason.

My head shot up when I heard a soft knock on the apartment door. My dad and I looked at each other with a shrug.

"I'll get it." I told him standing up and ruffling Jason's hair.

My sock covered feet padded across the floor as I swung the door open. My breath caught in my throat as a smile curled back my lips.

"Peter!!" I yelled in excitement launching myself at the brunette haired boy.

My legs and arms wrapped around his body as his muscular arms caught me and held me up. I shoved my face into his neck and breathed deeply.

"I missed you." I softly admitted.

"I missed you too." Peter kissed the side of my head as he set me back on the floor, "It was weird not being around you or the others."

"Yeah it didn't feel right hanging out without you here." I chuckled. "Come in."

I stepped out of the way so Peter could come in, shutting and locking the door behind him.

"Hello, sir." Peter outstretched his hand for my father.

"Hello Peter. How was the trip?" My dad asked squeezing the boys hand.

If Peter flinched he did a good job of hiding it.

"It was good. Met some of Mr. Starks friends and learned a lot."

My dad smiled, "I'm glad you had a good time. Y/n wouldn't stop moping and complaining."

"Dad!" I hissed feeling a wave of embarrassment hit me.

My father laughed at my embarrassment, nudging me lightly.

"Well you kids have fun, I'm going to go give Jason a bath. Nice to see you, Peter."

"Likewise, sir." Peter smiled and his tiny dimples came out making my heart flutter.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked Peter while rummaging through the cupboards.

"I'll just take a water. Thank you."

"Peter, what happened to your face?" I dropped the cups on the floor and grabbed his chin gently in my hand to see the kitchen light skin down on the redness under his eye, something I didn't see until now.