Chapter 27

Third Person View

"Oh my god Jennie, it's on my- it's on my- oh my god!" Lisa screeches as she fans her crotch area with her hands.

"Lis, I need you to calm down" Jennie speaks softly, but low-key freaking out as she attempts to hold onto her girlfriend's shoulders.

Loud hollering and cackles come from the men sitting around the backyard table, on the large wooden back porch.

"This is gold!" Hanbin laughs loudly, clutching his stomach along with Jimin who was wiping tears from his eyes from laughing too hard.

Jennie and Hanbin's father watch in amusement taking sips from their cold bottles of beer while they attempt to help Lisa but failed miserably as they stand to the side, watching Jennie trying to calm Lisa down.

"It burns. It burns. It burns haha" Lisa chants with a slight slur in her voice, chuckling to herself to ease her panic as she nearly stumbles, stepping through the threshold of the house, walking like a crab.

"Why's she walking like that?" Blaire walks into the back porch, completely and utterly groggy and rubbing her tired eyes from being woken up by the loud noise.

•••

30 minutes earlier 

"Hey, have you seen Lisa?" Jennie asks Hanbin, who's sitting beside her on the leather couch with his parents sitting on another couch, opposite from the two, in their own conversation. Nearly every guest has left the gathering except for the two families, plus Lisa.

"Nope" Hanbin purses his lips shaking his head before taking a swig from his beer bottle.

"I think I should go look for her" Jennie makes a move to stand up but the brunette boy pulls her back down onto the couch by her forearm, wrapping a muscular arm around the brunette's shoulders to keep her seated.

"I'm sure she's fine. C'mon Jen, we haven't seen each other since grad." He says, pulling Jennie's body closer to his broad torso. Jennie eyes the large muscular arm wrapped around her shoulders with a raised eyebrow and back up to Hanbin's face who had that charming smile playing on his lips. "Stay with me for a while. You can see Lisa later."

Jennie stares at the brunette boy, contemplating her decision before taking a quick glance at her mother, seeing a tinge of disapproval in her eyes. 

"Um, yeah sure. Okay" Jennie sighs, settling back in a comfortable position on the couch, with Hanbin's arm wrapped securely around her. Friends do this right? From a random person's point of view, the two may look like a perfect power couple, with the way Hanbin has her body pressed tightly against his side. But from Lisa's point of view who just came out of the upstairs bathroom, standing on the last step of the staircase with a perfect view of her girlfriend wrapped in the arms of her girlfriend's ex/ best friend, her head felt as if it was spinning and her inner self just wanted to rip the two apart. But knocking out the son of the person who invited her to join them for Christmas was not the ideal decision to make in this situation. Lisa closes her eyes, breathing in and out to calm her nerves, before entering the living room.

It was Hanbin who first noticed the blonde's presence as he unwraps the arm that was around Jennie, sitting up from his comfortable position. "There she is!" Hanbin smiles gesturing over to Lisa with his hand, who stood leaning against the side of the arched open doorway into the living room, her hands in her jeans pockets and a tight lipped smile on her face as she stops herself from making eye contact with Jennie. Still giving her the cold shoulder.

The brunette felt guilty, she promised the blonde that she wouldn't leave her side for the whole night but ended up being around Hanbin for more than half of the evening. Something inside, convinced her that she just wanted to catch up with her friend but she still feels bad for the way this night turned out to be. Despite all the things said on the dinner table, Lisa never once cracked, as she sat there listening to the never ending gushing about the high school golden couple, which included her girlfriend and another boy. Her fists nearly shaking under the dinner table, the nauseous feeling made her lose her appetite. Throughout the whole dinner, Lisa chanted things in her head that she thought were funny, to distract herself from letting the tears fall. She thanked God that no one asked that one damn question: 'Are you okay?' that could get anyone to break the Hoover Dam and sob out uncontrollably. Imagine how embarrassing that would be, not that it wasn't humiliating enough for the blode. Each word about the two childhood best friends were like bullets being shot into her body, who knew that this green feeling could make the confident and arrogant Lisa Manoban, shake in a mixture of anger and jealousy. What hurt the most for her was that Jennie never once spoke up to stop the comments that were inappropriately said at a table where her girlfriend was sitting right beside her.