Chapter 21

//1st of November//

Lisa's POV

"It's going to be alright, breathe Lis"Bambam's soft voice tries to soothe me, but no matter how many times that voice helped me in the past. I'm not sure if anything will work this time. My head buried in his neck, my loud wails being muffled by his shirt that's starting to become damp. "You'll get through this" His voice cracks, tears escaping his eyes as well.   

"It's my fault" I croak out as I struggle to breathe as if I'm being closed in by concrete walls. I grip his shirt tight as I lay there in his arms on the ground.

My eyes flicker open, seeing my beige ceiling, blinking until the sleepiness fades away. I sit up on my mattress, holding my head with my hands. Fuck, my head hurts.

I shuffle out of bed, seeing that Jennie already left for class. She left a note on the kitchen counter, next to a plate of french toast, with syrup that was drizzled into what I think used to be a smiley face but morphed into a circle. I shake my head, a small smile playing on my face.

Good morning Lis, I already left for class. See you during lunch, by the way, enjoy the breakfast I made! -Xx Jen

It has been 1 week and two days since I asked Jennie to be my girlfriend officially. So far, it has been a blast. She has been the best thing that has happened to me in so long, not only when she became my girlfriend but when she became my roommate/close friend. I had someone to be playful with, to tease, to hold a casual conversation, to laugh with and to take care of. She brought back the old Lisa.

Then the way she makes me feel, no girl has ever had me feeling this way, not ever, until now. These past few months we've been living together has been the best in so long. I've learned to be the old Lisa once again and to trust her fully. There's one thing that's still weighing on my shoulders though. The one thing I haven't told her yet and I'm planning to tell her soon.

Just breathe, Lis. You got this.

••• 

Jennie's POV

I enter the apartment, back from school and work. "Lis?" I call out as I lock the front door behind me. I turn around to see her pacing around the living room, in front of the couch, holding her phone to her ear.

"I said I'll go already" She spoke with a distasteful tone in her voice. She goes silent for a while, listening to the other person on the line talking. She's staring into space before she closed her eyes and took breaths in and out, a way to relax. 

"Fine, whatever" She huffs, hanging up and throwing her phone on the couch. She looks up at me, cracking a small smile. "Hey" She greets softly, totally different from her previous tone of voice.

"Hey what's wrong? Why didn't you go to your classes?" I frown in concern as I walk over to her. She sighs, giving me a quick peck on the lips before plopping down onto the couch. I sit down beside her and that was when I noticed empty bottles of beer laying on the ground beside the couch.

"I didn't feel well" She rakes a hand through her messy hair. Even with messy hair, she still looks so beautiful. How did I get so lucky from all the people to get scammed into living with, I ended up with her.

"Lis... Is this about your dad?" I ask hesitantly. The last time I asked about her dad, she completely shut me out. I know that her family is pretty well known, people talk about them a lot but it was always about Lisa, nothing about her dad or her mom. I never took things into my own hands and searched her family up on google or something, despite being an extremely nosy and curious chick, I wanted to hear it from Lisa instead. Not from what other people say.