Chapter 8

Jennie's POV

"I can't believe I forgot to bring the USB. I'm so sorry" I fish out my keys from my pocket.

"It's okay. No biggie" Kai shrugs, waiting for me to open the apartment door.

"My roommate might be home right now. She's not very polite, just warning you" I inform him.

I unlock the door, stepping in with Kai in tow. Bambam, V and Baekhyun were on the couch playing Xbox while Lisa was in the kitchen, grabbing Mountain Dew from the fridge. I clear my throat loudly for them to be aware of our presence.

"Lisa?" Kai calls out, he had a small frown on his face. Lisa turns around from the sound of her name being called. She sees Kai and her eyebrows knit together.

"Kai? What are you doing here?" She questioned while glancing between Kai and me.

The boys playing Call of Duty turned around to see what was going on. All three looked shocked for a second before they all gave the same cold expression. Kai shifted on his feet from the silence that filled the room. I decide to cut the tension.

"Wait. You guys know each other?" I gesture between Lisa and Kai.

Lisa stayed silent, wearing a poker face while staring directly at Kai.

"We're cousins" Kai answers, gazing back at Lisa. That's why they had some physical similarities and how he reminded me of someone, he reminded me of Lisa. Plus the same surname, gosh how stupid am I. I really am bad at piecing things together.

"I should go, my classes are about to start in ten minutes? Bambam stands up, walking towards the front door. "Nice to see you again, gorgeous. See ya Lis" he offers me a small smile, before leaving, without once glancing at Kai.

"Us too" The twins speak at the same time, turning off the gaming console, following behind Bambam. "Have fun guys" They wave before speeding out of the doorway.

Well, that was weird and rude. I see Lisa walking around the kitchen counter before stopping directly in front of me, half a metre between us. She crosses her arms, still wearing that blank expression, but there was a hint of coldness as her eyes locked with Kai's. She turns her head to face me and her expression softens. "How's class, Angel?"

Uh, What?

Kai raises an eyebrow, looking back at me.

"Um, it was fine" I respond. She sends me a warm smile. I'm not used to her being like this. Usually, all we do is bicker and annoy each other endlessly. Although, I find it... Sweet.

"Are you guys roommates?" Kai speaks up from his silence. "Yeah, we are" I answer. "So you two are cousins" 

"Yep. My dad's brother is his dad" Lisa nods her head at Kai. "Long time no see cuz"

"Long time no see, indeed" Kai says as they locked eyes again. 

"I'm gonna go get the USB. You can wait here if you want" I tell Kai, slipping away to my room.

Once I enter my room, I release a heavy breath after being stuck in such an awkward situation. I have no idea what is going on, but I could just sense the tension, even from my room. They must have some kind of family beef or something.

I walk over to my desk, seeing the black USB sitting on top of it. 

"Lets not forget about all the favours I did for you when we were younger. Its about time you pay me back- I hear Kai say, through the thin walls. What's he talking about? I decide to stop eavesdropping as I grab the USB from my desk, walking out of my room.