Chapter 6

Jennie's POV

Wednesday

It's been two days since the day Lisa and I got into a small argument. Ever since then, we hardly see or speak to each other, that's how it is when you put two stubborn people together. I mean it's not like we did speak at all in the first place. Hell, we've only been living together for 4 days, including our first night. Apart from us passing each other in the hallway, we basically don't see each other at all. She always comes home late and sometimes I hear girls giggling in the middle of the night in her room. She sleeps in late and I always leave the apartment early. Its as if we have some kind of unspoken schedule on when to do things, so that we don't see each other throughout the day.

While she avoids me, I've been spending most of my free time with Kai. Usually working, but yesterday we hung out at the game room provided at the campus. He has been throwing some signals. Subtle touches, flirting every now and then, but nothing has happened between us yet, other than being in the 'just friends' area.

It is now 2:30pm. My first day of working on my real shift, since my first day working was just a practice run, last Sunday. I enter the cafe, heading to the employee room at the back. I walk up to my locker, unlocking it and grabbing my uniform that was previously fitted for me. I place my backpack on the bench as I start to change out of my casual clothes. This will be the only time I change in this narrow locker room, since the uniform wasn't given to me beforehand. The uniform consists of black leggings, a black t-shirt with the small cafe logo stuck on the top left of my chest area, a black bandana and a navy green apron. I change into my uniform, tying my hair up in a ponytail, and tying the bandana on my head with the bow part at the front.

As I finish tying up my apron, a short brunette girl walks in. She'swearing the same uniform except she's not wearing an apron. "Oh hey, you must be my new workmate" She smiles, holding her hand out to me. "I'm Jisoo"

"I'm Jennie" I return a smile while shaking her hand.

She walks past me to her locker. She locks her bag into one of the lockers, before grabbing an apron and putting it on, over her uniform. "So are you new in town?" She asks as we begin to head out of the employee room.

"Yeah, I'm starting college here that's why" I answer. "Oh. You're a freshman too?" She asks excitedly. "Yeah"

"Same but I've been living in this city ever since I was born. I'm studying law, first year. You?"

"Business management" I reply.

"Nice. Do you live at the campus dorms?"

"No, I'm sharing an apartment with someone" I say, as I stand behind the counter ready to take orders if someone comes in. There were already people lounging around in front of their laptops, enjoying their drinks, cakes or pastries.

"Ooo. A boyfriend?" She wiggles her eyebrows, smirking.

I laugh. "Haha. Yeah, no." I grimace. "Anyone but her would've been fine with me" I mutter.

"Why? Are they that bad?" She chuckles lightly.

"Yes. Bad doesn't even fully describe her" I roll my eyes.

"Who is it? I might know who she is"

"Her name's Lisa " I answer in a disgusted tone.

"Wait, Manoban? Thee Lisa Manoban?" She frowns. I nod my head, curious to know why she knows her. "She's bad news Jennie"

"Yeah I know. Tzuyu told me"

"Wait... Tzuyu told you about what happened la-" She was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.