Chapter 2

Jennie's POV 

She took two strides towards me until she was towering over me, staring me down. Something changes in her eyes as they fully take in my appearance. Her once hard eyes softens a little however, she still keeps an intimidating and confident stance.A smirk suddenly appears on her face, that's when I noticed a small dent on her right cheek.

"You know, if you wanted my attention you could of just asked" she speaks with so much arrogance. Infuriating but hot. "I don't think spilling coffee all over me was necessary".

I straighten up my posture bringing back my classic Jennie Ruby Jane glare with my arms crossed. A wave of confidence flows through me.

"I swear you have a bigger head size than Megamind. I'd rather shave off my hair and swallow every single strand, than want attention from an egotistical jerk like you ." I scoff.

"That's a shame. Wouldn't want these locks to be put to waste now, do we" She softly takes strands of my hair between her index and middle finger, twirling them between her fingers.

I harshly slap her hand away from my hair. "Don't you dare touch my hair." Is this bitch serious? I just washed my hair early this morning.

"Damn you're a feisty one, I like it." She smirks, a mischievous glint appears in her eyes. She moves closer to me bringing her lips close to my left ear. "They say the feisty ones are amazing in bed... Wanna test that theory" She whispers into my ear.

I gasp shoving her way from me. She chuckles as a blush forms on my cheeks. I can't form any words in my mouth "Y-you... You.. I hope you get run over by a truck, you fricken skyscraper!" I shove her chest, she made no move, her feet planted on the same spot. Jeez, why is she so fricking tall.

She lets out a small laugh. Despite how annoyed I'm feeling right now, I cant help but find her laugh adorable. Are you serious Jennie?

"Whatever you say. Don't forget you still owe me a coffee, see you around" she pats my right cheek, winking at me before turning around and leaving. Oh. My. Gosh. Swoooon. Shut up brain.

I can still feel the heat on my cheeks, as I hear someone clear their throat from behind me. A ombre haired girl wearing a navy green apron, standing behind the counter offers me a small smile. "Lisa's always like that, trying to get in with every girl she makes eye contact with. It's disgusting. And I thought the boys in my old high school were bad, but she's like the true definition of a fuckboy" The ombre haired girl shakes her head. Lisa, huh. Cute. But ew.

"Fuckboy?" I raise an eyebrow at her. I would classify her that, to be honest. "Yeah, she should be classified as a boy anyways since shes half of one."

She snickers, wiping the counter with a wet rag. Wait, what?

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously stepping in front of the counter, across from the girl.

"You didn't know? Nearly everyone in campus knows. And I'm guessing you study there too?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Uh yeah, freshman year college ." I lean the front of my body on the side of the counter, with my forearms on top. "So is she like transgender or something" 

"I'm a sophomore this year and uh, not precisely. She's intersex. Born with a friend down in that region" she takes a quick glance down before meeting my eyes again. "She hooked up with a girl during her freshman year. That poor girl dated her for a couple of months until Lisa cheated on her. Somehow people found out about her little friend. At first she was teased a lot, but when she got her confidence boosted out of no where, soon enough she was basically flocked by girls throwing themselves at her 24/7 from left to right. Straight or gay, whether if its for experimenting or with true feelings, they're literally all obsessed. It's revolting. Especially how Lisa treats them like tissues. Uses them, then throws them away. I fricking hate her! Sometime I just get tempted to poison her coffee whenever she comes in, acting as if she's all that" The girl rolls her eyes throwing the wet rag over her shoulder.

A girl with a dick? Well that's new and odd. And hot. Shut the hell up brain. "Asshole" I mutter. Why do all the hot ones have to be massive jerks. What happened to personality overappearances huh? Whatever.

"So what do you want? Coffee, hot chocolate? And no, I do not do latte art for free. If you want a good tumblr post, its 5 bucks" She grins at me.

I laugh before replying. "No I'm actually looking for a job"

"Ohhh right." She eyes the 'Hiring Baristas' poster on the window. "Have you had a job being a barista in the past?" She questions me.

I nod my head. "Yeah, all throughout high school"

"Cool, you're hired. Grab an apron from the back and I'll test out a few drinks you can make before you start serving to actual customers." She signals me to follow her.

"Wait. You're not even gonna ask for a resume or anything. You're giving it to me that easily? What will your manager say?" I lift up an eyebrow questioningly.

"My grandma owns this place, I'm technically the owner. We've been looking for someone for ages and I really cant be bothered to look for anymore workers." She leads me to the back where the small lockers are at. "There's  this other girl that you will be working with during your shifts. My shifts are not on your days so you wont really be seeing much of me unless if your recieving your payment. Anyways I'll test your drinks and you can start today. Will you be able to work on Wednesday and Friday afternoons?" She asks. My classes are usually early in the mornings during those days and I only have morning and afternoon classes on Mondays and Tuesdays. I nod my head.

"Cool. Here's your apron... sorry i forgot to ask for your name" She hands me the apron.

"Jennie" I tell her, taking the apron in one hand and holding my hand out with the other.

"I'm Tzuyu" She shakes my hand smiling.

...

5 hours later 

I wave goodbye to Tzuyu as I make my way home. Its already 7:40 pm and the sun has set. Once I'm at the front of my door, I unlock it and enter. I'm met with darkness as I enter. I couldn't see anything as I try searching for the light switch with the small amount of light I have coming from the moonlight, peeking through the curtains. Suddenly, I hear a rustling from one of the rooms in the hallway. I freeze in my place. My heart was beating so fast that I could hear it in my ears. Shit, someones in the apartment. I don't turn on the lights as I search for the nearest weapon. Shit, theres nothing. Slowly I press my back against the wall next to the TV. The door to the guest room opens and shuts. The wooden floorboards creak as the person walks out of the hallway and into the main room where I'm at. Since I was pressed against the wall, hidden from their line of sight, I saw the back of the intruder. I couldn't see properly, all I saw was the outline of the tall figure in front of me.

Without thinking, I jump on to the persons back putting them into a headlock. "What the fuck are you doing in my apartment!" I shout gripping him tighter. The person grunts, trying to pry me off. Crap they're strong.

"Get off me!" a familiar slightly deep feminine voice fills the room. I freeze in realisation of why that voice is so familiar. The person pushes me of with their strong arms as they quickly turn the lights on, turning around to face me.

You have got to be kidding me...

...