Hybrid!Jason x Reader

A hybrid is a person which animal ears and a tail along with some animal traits. For example they may growl if they're a dog hybrid or they may be skittish if it's a rabbit hybrid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~

I am so excited. I finally convinced dad to let me get a hybrid. Dad tried convincing me to get a cat hybrid but I was going to the shelter with an open mind. I'm kinda leaning for a dog hybrid though. We got to the shelter and we're greeted by the staff.

"Hi. Welcome to the Metropolis Hybrid Shelter. What kind of hybrid are you looking for?" The nice lady asked. Dad looked at me.

"Well I'm open minded and I kinda just wanna go with the flow." I said. She nodded happily.

"I'm trying to convince her to lean towards a cat hybrid." Dad said. I rolled my eyes. I am 16. I'm old enough to make a decision on what kind of friend I want. She nodded and lead us towards the cat hybrid section of the clinic.

~Time Skip~

We've been here for about half an hour and none of the hybrids we've seen so far were sparking my interest. They were nice and all but they just didn't feel right I guess. It's hard to explain.

"Is there anyone else?" I asked. She was hesitant but nodded.

"He's a tough cookie to crack. He's been in and out of the clinic since he was a pup. He asks us not to show him to people. But since you asked." She said. I nodded eagerly. Dad was hesitant. I swear it's like the Wayne's blood and adopted are always on edge. She lead us towards the back of the dog hybrid section of the clinic. There was a door. She knocked and was met with an annoyed sigh.

"It's not time to go out yet. What is it?" A male voice asked from the other side of the door.

"Jason there are some people that want to meet you." She said cracking the door open.

"Tell em to go away!" He responded. I looked at her and smiled before going in. He looked up from a book he was reading and looked at me. He growled annoyed seeing me.

"Do you not understand English?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I heard you I just don't care. I want to talk to you. See if you're the right hybrid for me." I explained. He scoffed.

"Don't waste you're time. Listen sweetheart there are 2 kinds of hybrids here. Adoptable and not adoptable. I fall on the latter end." He said. I smiled.

"Really because you piqued my interest as soon as you started talking. Maybe you just haven't found the right family yet." I smiled sitting next to him. He just glared at me and laid down on his bed.

"Not interested." He said. I smiled.

"You say that but I know I've also piqued your interest. Come on give it a shot. If you don't like it back home we'll bring you back if you want ok. For the record I have no intention of bringing you back if you chose to stay." I said patting his knee before standing up. I went to walk towards the door but a hand stopped me. I smirked before turning around.

"If I don't like it you bring me back." He said. I nodded.

"I promise pup." I said. He growled.

"Don't call me that." He said. I smirked.

"Nope. The nickname is sticking." I said with a smile and grabbing his hand a pulling him with me out the door.

"Dad can you fill out the paperwork while I take Jason to get something to eat?" I asked.

"We can get him a visitor's pass to leave the clinic while you fill out the paperwork sir." The lady said. I smiled and nodded.

"Let's get the paperwork signed." Dad said. We got Jason a visitor's pass and went to a diner a few blocks away. We got in and grabbed a table. There wasn't a lot of people here which I was thankful for.