Blue Beetle x Reader

I took a deep breath walking into the mountain. I've been on edge lately. Like I'm going to have an attack that I might be able to pull myself out of. Fighting villains is one thing but fighting your own mind is different. And I almost always lose. They aren't as frequent as before. Dating Jaime has made them stop. He's made me more confident and happier. More in control of my thoughts. And it helps stop my attacks from happening. I can calm myself down enough to stay in control. I don't know whether to call them anxiety attacks or panic attacks so to me they're just attacks. And I go through them alone. And lately I've been noticing my telltale signs that one is coming on. I've been more stressed lately. More stress means more pressure and more pressure means less time and less time gives me more stress. And that cycle repeats until it blows. And right now as I stepped foot into the mountain I felt it hit. My breathing hurt and felt labored, my chest was pounding, I felt both hyper focused on everything but distant at the same time, and my thoughts were so loud. I met eyes with Jaime and he looked a me before getting up and coming towards me.

"Follow me." He said before putting his hand on the small of my back while the other was in front of me. He lead me to the library and sat me on the floor before he left really quick. He came back with a Rubik's cube. He handed it to me and my trembling hands twisted it around trying to figure it out. Even my hand movements were erratic. The calmer I got the slower my hands moved and the more relaxed I got. I sighed once I felt it pass. He looked up from how he was sitting. He was sitting next to me with his arm propped up on his knee and his head resting on his arm. He smiled at me and patted the space in between his legs. I scooted in between the and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Wanna talk about what set you off?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know what set me off. I think it was me suppressing the symptoms and the attacks and maybe they just piled up until this happened. I don't know. Nothing bad has been happening lately but the feeling has been there for awhile." I said. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my temple making me smile.

"It's ok mi vida. It's a good thing the bug picked up on it before it got really bad. Do you want us to have a hand signal or a word or something when you feel it?" He asked. I smiled and turned to him. I hooked my legs around his waist so we were face to face. He cares about me so much.

"What'd I do to deserve you?" I asked putting my hands on his cheeks and squishing them together. He smiled but I laughed seeing it contorted into a funny face. I let go of his face and he pressed his lips against mine.

"You were you. And I love you for it." He said before pressing his lips against mine again. When we parted I couldn't help the small giggles.

"If you keep kissing me we're gonna end up making out and getting caught again." I laughed. He just shrugged and kissed me again. He pushed my shoulder making me fall against my back. I laughed and he hovered over me before I brought his face close to mine and kissed him. When things were starting to get steamy he pulled away abruptly.

"Are you sure you don't want some sort of code for when this happens?" He asked. I laughed and sat back up. We spent the next 20 minutes coming up with something we both could remember and generally just goofing off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note. Hi everyone. I know it's been awhile but I wanted to give you something cute and fluffy. I'm going to try to start writing again. Honestly the pandemic left me sorta at a loss of inspiration or drive. Writing didn't give me the same joy it once did. But I'm going to try to push out a few one shots.

That is all! *cue the dramatic Elsa turn*

ALSO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING ENCANTO. THE MOVIE IS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!