Chapter 20: Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

"He is like a monster!" depensa ni Leo na nakasandal sa pader habang duguan ang kaliwang braso. Putok pa ang labi niya at nagdudugo pa ang binti. I tsked when I saw the rest who is covered with countless of bruises. Tahimik silang lahat habang nakatungo.

That guy... I want to fight him with my own hands!

"Wala kayong kwenta!" I screamed out of anger and punched the wall again. I hissed when I felt my fists stinging and I looked at the wall smeared with my own blood.

I observed how he fights, and I am aware that he is strong... but it never crossed my mind that he can wipe out my gang! So Primo was right, he is the guy who can fight alone. A beast, indeed, but we just beat a bunch of Nadirs!

But ugh! What will I expect? Raven will not show his true form with me and those fucking weaklings!

"Artemis! Saan ka pupunta?!" habol na tanong ni Primo nang hawakan ko ang doorknob palabas ng hideout.

Hinawakan ko ang aking dibdib na sobrang lakas ng pintig dahil sa galit at bumuntong-hininga. I gritted my teeth before I face him with furious eyes.

"I will deal with that asshole," malamig kong sambit at iginalabog ang pintuan. Pinagmasdan ko ang tirik na araw at huminga nang malalim bago ayusin ang suot kong uniform.

Fuck, I don't think I can fight him wearing my blouse and skirt. I closed my fists before entering the hideout one more time and grabbed my black jacket and cap. I placed the cap on my head and hid my hands in my pocket before finding Raven.

He's probably going back to Monarch since he just fucking assaulted my gang all alone.

I will make him taste hell.

* * *

It was nightfall when I arrived at Monarch to find him. I've never lost my composure to anyone, and this is the first time I break loose.

I am being surrounded by tall trees when I found him sitting on a branch of tree. Nasa likod kami ng school ngayon at umuwi na ang halos lahat ng tao rito sa Monarch. The streetlights near the school gave me a sight of his annoying face. The silence enveloping us is killing me and the wind blows like ice.

"You want to fight me? I don't fight women," he arrogantly said and placed his hand on his chin while looking at me. A smirk formed on his lips when I cursed him that echoed in the silent area.

I don't have any idea what his ability is, but I shouldn't be scared of him.

"Especially with a girl like you," sabi pa niya at naramdaman ko ang pag-init ng aking ulo nang mahina itong tumawa. He is really testing my patience!

"You shit!" I tried to cast my ability but damn, he disappeared! I raised my guard up when his presence disappeared, until I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.

The next thing I knew, I was unable to move anymore. As if my legs were frozen from the cold, and my feet are pinned on the ground. I badly wanted to scream at him when I felt his presence behind my back and leaned closer to my ear.

"If you win, I'll leave Monarch. But if I won, let me date you," he whispered, which made my hand shake because of my uncontrollable anger. I recklessly made loose on his restriction and didn't think twice to strike his temple, but he blocked it with his right hand!

He's fast as lightning and reacts fast to the point that he can predict my attacks. I gritted my teeth while catching my breath. What's up with him?!

How did he injure my members yet all he does is dodge and block?

"Stop dodging and fight me!" I screamed out of anger and stepped back to land a roundhouse kick on his neck, but he instantly grabbed my leg and made me lose my balance!

He loose grip on my leg, causing me to slam badly on the ground. I cursed under my breath and took a deep breath to contain my emotions. Damn, the adrenaline rush I'm feeling is crazy right now.

That was just the first, and the next attack I got from him has no mercy.

He is a demon and the moon witnessed our fight.

"Shit!" My knees slammed on the ground while I kept on hissing in pain. I looked at my trembling hands until it suddenly stopped, my movements were also suspended.

My mind suddenly went blank and I just want to die already because that asshole has an absolutely rare ability that I've never heard before. He has the ability to replicate or copy the abilities of his enemy by physical contact, and it was called Power Replication.

I was beaten by my own abilities... and it was such a shame.

"You should've just left when I asked you to." He kneeled in front of me and held my chin up.

I don't know why but I am being absorbed by his damned eyes. He snapped his fingers and I found myself trembling again because of the attacks he landed on my body.

Napatingin ako sa mga nagbagsakang puno sa aming paligid dahil sa paggamit namin ng abilities.

"You agreed to our deal, right? Tinabig ko ang kamay niyang nakahawak sa baba ko at malakas siyang sinampal. It created a harsh sound and echoed. I underestimated him too much and I hate it.

I held my chest so hard because I couldn't breathe anymore and my eyes felt so tired. I can't accept my defeat.

"It's settled. Meet me after class in the rooftop," sabi nito at binuhat ang katawan ko na para bang isa akong magaang bagay.

He carried me in a bridal style and I can't move to punch him because my whole body fucking hurts!

"Let me go!" nanghihina kong sigaw pero hindi niya ako pinapansin at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. We are both sweating but damn, he still looks the same.

"Look at yourself. You can't even breathe properly," he sighed that made me roll my eyes. I guess he isn't that merciless.

"Huh, thanks to you," sarkastiko kong sabi at mahina naman itong tumawa.

"It's you who insisted, and you are the first who dragged me here."

Hindi pa rin matanggap ng utak ko ang mga pangyayari dahil sa galit ko. Now look! I have to fucking date Raven! I am not into romantic shits so it's impossible for me to have feelings for him. I don't even have a single idea how the fuck he is interested in me.

"Nasaan ang bahay mo? Baka hinahanap ka na ng magulang mo." I stopped breathing heavily and bit my lip.

"Wala akong mga magulang." He remained silent and his face went serious.

"Oh," he gulped. "Sorry."

Binalot kami ng katahimikan hanggang sa tumigil siya sa paglalakad at inangkas ako sa isang motor. Sinuotan niya ako ng helmet at umupo sa harapan ko.

"I don't want to see you rolling on the streets, so hold me tight," sabi nito at kinuha ang kamay ko saka niyakap sa kanyang katawan. Nobody touched me like this, and he is the very first person to force me things.

This guy is something and that makes me hate him even more.