"Oh, that boy." Her knowing glance turned irritating.

She did know about my 'story' with Justin. Well, not all of it. She didn't know he was taken. Nor who he was. I trusted her, but think of this: she literally worked at my school. If she knew who the boy was it would be awkward on so many levels.

"Yeah, that boy." I sighed. "So please, just tell me how do I look and I'll promise I'll be good and responsible."

Her brows pursed scanning me up and down with that look that made my stomach churn. Like she wanted to say no. I cross my finger behind my back.

It's been quiet and odyssey to get Justin's group to attend the fair. Tonight was finally the Halloween celebration and there was a special event there. The place would be all dressed up, and there would be modified attractions like a Haunted House and starting at ten pm they would put a the Elm Street saga on the outdoor theater.

After all the preparation and how a lot of seniors had participated, practically everyone was going, but Justin's group almost decided to stay home and have a marathon on their own.

Thank goodness they didn't in the end.

I hadn't properly talked to him since he got me in that classroom and promised he was breaking up with Karen for good.

I couldn't content my joy. After so much time and heartache, he would finally be single and free to be with me. Tay had told me Karen was being more sensitive than usual and constantly moody - she could tell because they both were on the Student Councel.

That only added wings to my hopes.

Seconds stretched as my mother's gaze remained on me, balancing options. Oh, please don't let her get me to change or forbid me to go... I was a senior! How embarrassing would be that? And with all the expectations put on this night...

Mom, please, please, PLEASE...

"You look good." she sighed after what felt like an eternity and I smiled brightly. "But watch out, okay? And let me know if you're gonna come back after midnight."

"I know, I know, I know." I was almost jumping in excitement giving her a quick, clumsy hug since she was still sitting. She laughed and picked up her book muttering to herself as I turned to grab my coat and almost had a heart attack.

Shane stood there, in his creepy disguise as Jeff the Killer. He put his mask up and looked at me with a mix of a glare and a pleading look, half pouting. "Not fair, why can't I come?"

"Ask mom."

He turned towards her and repeated the question, already expecting her denial. "Because you're fourteen. Go do Trick or treat. Aren Mike and Uri about to come?"

"But mooom!" he whined and I shook my head, leaving it to my mother to deal with him. The fair tonight won't be something a boy should be at. There would be parties, alcohol and -in short- things he was still a bit too young to experience. Maybe in a couple years.

I rubbed his hair while passing by and shot them all a goodbye finally getting out. My good mood expanding my lungs to a point I was almost floating.

Tonight's gonna be epic.

I sensed it.

........................................

The fair was more crowded that I thought. Not only all the Roosevelt student body over sixteen was here, but also from other nearby towns. Guess we did make a good advertisement of the event. Our agreement with the owners stipulate we could get the 50% of what the fair gained tonight, along with providing most of the decoration and publicity.