Chapter 3

Jack's POV
I'm currently sitting in my last period, which is science. I still haven't stopped thinking about Alex. How his shirt fit just right on his body, how his hair swept over his forehead just right, his chocolate brown eyes that I just barely caught a glimpse of.
It's even worse right now since he's just a few tables away from me, sitting next to some kid who looks ten times better than I ever could. When the final bell rings almost every kid in the class begins to run out the door, except Alex.
I make my way over to him and say, "Hey Alex."
He looks up at me, "Hey Jack."
Then he starts walking to the door.
"Are you trying to avoid me?" I ask, noticing his haste.
"Why would you think that," he sighs while putting his things in his backpack quickly.
"Well you are moving fairly quick, and you've been walking away from me as soon as you could since this morning," I say leaning on the locker next to his.
"Shouldn't you be getting things from your locker so you can go home, or to one of your other popular friends houses, or socialize with someone who's higher on the food chain?" He asks sounding exasperated.
Alex's POV
As soon as the words leave my mouth I regret them but my mind can't process what comes out of my mouth until it happens.
"S-sorry, I wasn't uh wasn't th-thinking about-" I begin to stutter out.
"No, I get it. I'll see you around Alex," his tone is sad and his shoulders are slumped as he walks down the hall.
Jack's POV
Yeah, that kind of stung a little-okay, a lot. But I guess that's how he feels.
"Jack, wait up!" Alex calls down the hallway.
"I said I get it Alex. You don't have to apologize," I yell back as I open my locker.
"No, I do."
"You don't, I'll just leave you alone," I mumble.
"I do. I'm sorry about what I said to you, but there's a long story behind it."
"Would it be wrong to ask what the story is?"
"No, but you'll have to bear with me while I tell you," Alex says quietly.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So sort of a filler chapter, but it's gonna get better soon, I promise.