Chapter 16

Jack's POV
I walk Alex inside when we get to his house and as soon as the door closes his mom is immediately in front of us, hugging Alex quickly but stepping back carefully when she notices that he flinched.
"Did it happen again?" She asks with worry and anger lacing her tone.
Alex frowns and nods, looking down after he does so.
"Is that why you weren't home for so long?"
Another nod.
"Did you take good care of him?" She asks me.
"Yes ma'am," I say then notice the look she gives me. "I mean Isobel."
"That was good of you to do Jack," she says with a small smile. "Alex, you should go lay down."
"Don't worry mom, I'm fine."
"You're not fine," she answers automatically. "Your ribs need to heal along with whatever else they did to you. Go up to your room and I'll bring you some dinner."
Alex looks like he's already lost this battle, and it seems like he knows it when he says, "Alright, Jack come up with me, I've got something cool to show you."
I accept and we walk upstairs.
"What do you want to show me?" I ask as he closes his door.
"Nothing, I just want to do this," he says before kissing me.
I kiss back and things get a little heated between us until, slowly we pull away with our breathing slightly uneven.
"You should stay over tonight," he whispers.
"I'll see if I can."
I pull out my phone and text my mom.
Hey can I stay over at Alex's house tonight?
She sends back, Sure do you need anything for the night? Earbuds, clothes, phone charger?
Yes, could you please bring me my earbuds, phone charger and a change of clothes?
What's the address again?
I send her the address and she says she'll be here in a few minutes.
"Looks like I'm staying," I say while grinning at Alex.
"That's great!"
"Indeed it is. Should we go tell your mom?" I ask.
"You should tell her, since I'm supposed to be laying down," he says.
"Ok, but lay down now," I tell him. He accepts and lays down while I open his door and go downstairs to inform his mother of the nights plans.
"Umm... Isobel?" I ask walking into the kitchen.
"Yes Jack," she answers without turning away from making Alex's plate.
"Well, Alex asked if I could stay the night, so I asked my mom, and she said yes, and she'll be here in a little while to bring me a few things so I just wanted to tell you and make sure it was okay," I explain.
"That's fine Jack, just try to not let him stay up until three in the morning please," she replies.
"I'll try not to let time get away from us."
"Thank you, would you like a plate?" she asks gesturing to Alex's food.
"Oh, no thank you, I'm not hungry but thanks for the offer," I answer politely.
"You're welcome Jack, but the offer still stands if you get hungry," she says as she turns around with Alex's food. "Would you mind taking this up to him?"
"Sure," I answer taking the plate and running upstairs.
I walk into his room and hand him the plate.
"Thanks," he says smiling.
"Welcome," I answer. "So what are we gonna do tonight?"
"Oh, I don't know. Watch a couple movies, play video games, maybe even make out," he says slowly.
"I like that third option."
"I knew you would."
We fall into silence as he eats and I wait for my mom to arrive with my things.
"Jack, your mom's here!" Isobel yells up the stairs.
I run down to greet her and take the bag she's brought me.
"Thanks mom," I say.
"You're welcome Jack. Have fun tonight," she answers.
"I will."
"Alright, see you tomorrow."
We hug each other goodbye and she exits the house. I stay where I am and listen as she turns the car on and back out of the drive way. Then I run back upstairs to Alex's room.
He's sitting on his bed, seemingly waiting for me since he's looking at the door with a slightly impatient look on his face.
"I got my stuff," I say holding up my bag.
"Cool, what do you wanna do?" He asks.
"I don't know, why not just lay down and just talk?" I suggest knowing we can still find new topics to discuss.
Alex accepts and soon we've jumped from topics like what happens after you die to a debate about the ocean and space.
"Why do we know so much about space anyway? It takes so much to get there when the ocean could only be a few hours away," I say.
"No one appreciates the ocean enough that's why," Alex jokingly answers.
"Austin Carlile does. He once spent an entire lunch period talking about the ocean and ranting about the fact that we know almost nothing about it," I laugh.
"I think I heard some of that rant. He had some pretty good points."
"He did, he said he wanted to get some ocean tattoos when he gets older," I state.
"He could probably pull them off. Would you ever get tattoos?"
"Hmm... maybe," I say. "How about you?"
"I might, depends on how the urge hits me one day."
I nod.
"What do you want do do when you get older?" I ask.
"I really have no clue. I think I'd like to sing. How about you?" He answers.
"I'll probably end up playing guitar."
"Sounds cool. Wonder if we could make those thoughts come true."
"Maybe we could. Rian plays drums and Zack plays bass. I think we could try something." I look at Alex and grin a little. "Maybe it could work."
His short reply gives hope that maybe I've gotten a good idea.
"Maybe."
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So what do you guys think? Is it good? Is it terrible? Will someone please comment about this and give me a little hope that there's at least one person out there that reads this?
In other words I've got another story if you've made it this far in my little note.
So the other night at my Tae Kwon Do class we were practicing kicking combinations and my friend's little brother was in front of me and I almost kicked him in the face. But he was nice about it so that's good.
Anyways, see you all in the next chapter.
P.S. Sorry this update took longer than the others. I wanted it to be good for all you peoples.