Chapter 1

Alex's POV
"Alex, Get up! It's the first day of school!"
I groan glancing at the mocking numbers on my phone reading 5:20 AM.
"Alex!" My mother insists on calling my name from downstairs.
"I don't want to get up" I quickly text her.
"I made pancakes and stole your earbuds while you slept" She retaliates.
In seconds I'm downstairs. "Give me my earbuds and no one gets hurt," I warn.
"If you go shower, get dressed, and come down for breakfast I'll give them back," she offers.
I run back upstairs and into the bathroom, showering in ten minutes, then run into my room and pull out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a Green Day t-shirt, before changing and walking back to my mother who stands in the kitchen with a smug look on her face.
"Isobel, what did you do?" I ask warily.
Slowly, with a smirk on her face, she pulls my earbuds out of her pocket and sets them on the counter. Not once breaking eye contact.
I pull them over to me as I sit down and begin examining them.
"Are you sure you're gay Alex? The way you treat those earbuds, I'd swear you're music sexual," she says.
"Isobel this is not the time for joking. These are my babies, you could have really hurt them!" I discipline.
"Alexander eat your breakfast. I promise I didn't hurt your 'babies'," she says seriously.
I sigh, "You better not have."
I grab my plate of pancakes and dig in, savoring their buttery taste.
I look down as my phone buzzes.
You walking with me? I'm at your door.
I laugh as I read Zack's text.
"Mom, would you go let Zack in please?" I ask.
"Sure."
Mom walks to the door and Zack walks in.
"Would you like some pancakes, Zack?"
"No thank you ma'am. Alex and I have to get to school soon."
"Alright, just let me get my bag and we'll be off," I say.
I grab my backpack from my room and walk back downstairs slipping on a pair of Converse in the process.
"Bye you two!" Mom yells as we exit.
"Bye!" We yell just before closing the door.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So yeah I made a story.
Leave a comment if you like it or want to give me any pointers on my writing. This is my first story on Wattpad so it might suck, sorry.