Chapter 9

Alex's POV
Day three. Three days in this building and I'm already done with most of the teachers and student body.
I sit down in the same seat in homeroom as the past two days, and see a small piece of paper on it. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jack looks slightly nervous as he doodles in one of his notebooks.I decide to see what awaits me with the paper and pick it up.
Alex, I was thinking last night. And my brain seems to think I need to ask for your number. So, Alex, may I please be blessed with your phone number?
I laugh lightly and look over at Jack, who seems to be observing me closely. Then without saying anything I stand, take his pencil from him and flip his note book to a new page.
Jack, I like your note and yes, I think you may be blessed with my phone number. 443-***-****
I step back and sit down at my desk again,smiling at Jack.
He reads over what I wrote and grins.
"Thanks, waiting for you to get here and read that was killing me," he says.
"Funny, you're lucky that I finally memorized my phone number the other night. I could not have given it to you just now otherwise."
He laughs quietly and pulls his phone out.
In a minute or so my phone buzzes.
Hi :) Jack's message says.
Hey :) I reply.
"I'm probably gonna text you during all my classes," he warns.
I laugh,"I'll be prepared to try and not loose my phone."
-Second Period-
Jack's POV
"Now if you look at the population growth in India compared to Europe in this period what do you notice?" Mr.Pike asks the class.
"Everyone in Europe is dead," I mumble.
"What was that Mr.Barakat?" Pike calls me out.
"All the Europe people are dead," I say louder.
"And in India?"
"Theres a fucking million of them," I mumble.
"Speak up Barakat."
"There's practically a million of them," I tell him.
"Good, does anyone know why?"
I begin to zone out as some girl, I think her name's Jenna, answers the question and pike continues to ask questions that are way too easy yet way to hard for my brain to work with at this time. I decide texting Alex is the best idea now, even though all the girls surrounding me, as per usual class chosen seating, will most likely be on me about who I'm texting in point five seconds.
Hey, what class are you in? I ask.
I can feel at least six pairs of eyes burning through the back of my head.
Math, paying absolutely no attention too. What class are you in? He sends back.
Two more pairs.
Social studies. There's at least eight girls burning holes in my skull right now. It's terrifying. I send back typing slowly.
"Andrea! Could you pass these papers out for me?" Pike asks the girl sitting behind me.
"Of course!" The overly preppy answer pierces my ears.
As she walks by me a note lands on my desk.
Who are you texting?
Damn it! Why does every girl hang onto me? There are much better looking guys that are popular in the school. Kellin Quinn, Oli Sykes, and Patrick Stump are a few. Yet almost no girls pay attention to them.
I simply write back, A friend.
Haha sounds like fun. Alex sent to me.
Some girl just put a note on my desk asking who I was texting! I get stalked by them basically! I send back almost immediately.
Awe isn't that cute, you've got stalkers to watch your every move.
You suck.
Thank you.
Andrea walks past my desk and grabs her paper back. I hold back the urge to laugh at the face she pulls after reading it.
"Okay class, I want you to get this signed and bring it back by the end of the week so your parents know that you have your text books. Now I'd also like for you to come an get a textbook as you exit the room please," Mr.Pike explains to the class.
The bell rings and I proceed to grab a book and exit the room for lunch.
As I get to the lunchroom Patrick comes up to me.
"Hey 'Trick," I greet.
"Hey Jack," he says looking slightly conflicted.
"What's up?" I ask concerned.
"Well Kellin told me to tell you that he wants you sitting at our table again and not with Alex, or you're not popular and stuff anymore. He made it sound a lot meaner though, and I didn't want to tell you this, but Kellin was like, 'Patrick, you must tell Jack this' but I didn't want to because I'm still a pretty nice guy, but yeah Kellin scares me and you have to sit at our table again. I'm sorry," he rushes out.
"Don't worry Patrick, it's not like you have any control over what Kellin thinks," I say, trying to make Patrick feel somewhat better for having to inform me of this.
The two of us walk to the open doorway of the room where I make an over exaggerated gesture for Patrick to walk in first.
He laughs, seeming to have forgotten about our previous conversation, and walks into the room with me following him to our table.
The two of us sit down and automatically everyone that is currently at the table looks at me.
"Why weren't you here yesterday?" Kellin asks, the hard look on his face somewhat scaring me.
"Kellin calm down, I was barely four tables away for one day," I say trying to keep him and the others from over reacting.
"Yes, but you were four tables away with a fag," he says putting emphasis on the last word.
"What's so wrong with sitting near a gay kid?" I ask, wondering when I can drop the bomb about me.
"Do you know what could happen to you? You could become one of them," he cringes. Cringes.
"Really? You've got to be kidding me. Become one of them? Do you even know how stupid that sounds?" I ask, becoming angry.
"Is there a problem Jack?" He thinks I won't tell him off. Please, I'm the only one at this table people value more than him.
"Yes, there's a damn problem. You sound like a fucking idiot Kellin," I say making a few people at the table gasp. " You actually couldn't sound more stupid. Become one of them, tell me what one of them is and how I could become that way."
"One of them? Jack, they're losers, he and his friend are. That one kid could actually be something to this school but he hangs out with the gay kid. You want to become one of them? Tell me you're gay, or just start to stick with those two. I will ruin you and your reputation," he spits.
I glare at him and the whole table is silent for three minutes almost before Andy speaks up changing the subject.
"So... how about the Orioles' game last night? They did good," the red head says quietly.
Austin jumps at the chance to improve the poorly done subject change.
"Yeah, they did, but it seemed like they were having some trouble in the eighth and ninth innings though."
"Yeah I thought the Royals were gonna beat them for a second last night until they got those last two runs," Dallon says.
The majority of the table discusses sports and some other topics for the rest of lunch while some others quietly eat their lunches and Kellin and I continue to glare at each other.
The bell rings eventually, signaling the start of the next period, so the group stands and exits the lunch room, with me in just about the biggest rush to get away from Kellin and almost everyone else that was near me. Time to go see Alex at our lockers, maybe that'll end well.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Sorry I have a terrible updating schedule and such, but how was everyone's Christmas? What'd you guys get? Does anyone know their New Years plans?
If any one took the time to answer those questions, thank you. And until the next update, have a nice day or so.
Also, I apologize for the fact that this probably isn't very long.