Chapter 12

Jack's POV
After I said I was interested in someone I almost immediately regretted it, since I saw Alex's expression drop slightly for a second before he started asking questions about this person who happened to be him. At least he left shortly after we had that discussion, even though I wish he hadn't had to leave so soon.
It's dinner time right now and mom and dad say they have some news for us.
"So as you both know, our jobs like to take us to many places for important meetings and other activities," mom starts. "And if you can manage, we need you two to be able to take care of your selves for the next week or so, because your father needs to fly out to Las Vegas to attend the opening of another franchise and see how it holds up out there, and I need to fly to Denver, since my company needs to have the high officials meet to discuss how to manage employees and money and what to spend on the offices."
Well that made absolutely no sense, but okay.
"So if the two of you can handle yourselves and follow the rules for the next week or so that would be great," dad adds after moms whole explanation.
"I think we can do that," May answers for the both of us.
Our parents look at me and I smile and nod to show I agree with May's statement.
The two of them nod and we all continue our meal in silence.
Alex's POV
I get home and my mom is waiting at the door.
"Alex can you go upstairs and freshen up a bit, the person I want you to meet will be here soon," she asks me politely.
"Of course mom," I say and walk to the bathroom to brush my hair some then mess it up some again, then brush my teeth as well not entirely knowing how else to make my appearance better.
I walk back downstairs and hear my mom talking to someone at the door.
"Hello Andrew, please come in," she says pleasantly.
"Thank you Isobel," an unknown voice replies.
From around the corner I see a tall man with somewhat short black hair, and a few random tattoos step in wearing a button up work like shirt, a tie, and black pants.
"My son Alex should be down in a minute or so," she says looking towards the area I'm currently standing.
I walk out a moment or two later and mom introduces the two of us.
"Andrew this is my son Alex. Alex, this is my close friend Andrew, he'll be staying for dinner tonight.
Close friend. She's obviously interested in him.
I nod and she tells me I can do as I please until six, so I walk up to my room to watch YouTube for the next half hour.
My mom calls me down for dinner after a while and the three of us eat.
"So Alex how's Jack?" My mom asks a couple moments into dinner.
"He's good," I reply.
"Who's Jack?" Andrew asks.
"A friend," I answer.
But at the same time mom says,"His soon to be boyfriend."
Mom," I groan. "I'm not dating him, nor will I ever.
"So you're uhh... you're gay?" Andrew asks.
"Umm yes," I reply slowly. "Is there something wrong with that?"
"Oh of course not. That's just fine."
After that dinner carries on relatively quiet until my phone buzzes.
What are some of the names of those bands you mentioned earlier? Jack's
text says.
My mom and Andrew glance at me.
"Who's that? Mom asks.
"Jack, he um wants to know the names of some bands. May I be excused?" I answer.
"Is that okay Andrew?" She asks him.
"Fine by me Isobel," he says.
She nods at me and I stand from the table, put my plate in the sunk, and walk up to my room.
Thirty Seconds To Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and My Chemical Romance are some of the really good ones. I send back.
Jack replies saying okay and I lay down on my bed after plugging my phone in and drift into unconsciousness due to complete exhaustion.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So that was sort of a filler chapter, but it might also be somewhat important to the future of the story so yeah. I hope you all liked this, and if you want please comment your thoughts on the chapter or the book in general.