Chapter 14

Jack's POV
Alex's house looks nice, I think as we approach it.
"Before we go in there, I need to warn you about my mom. Ignore anything she says about you," Alex says.
"Why?" I ask.
"She's very set on the idea that I'm dating you," he mumbles.
I chuckle, "That's funny, Alex. I can't wait to meet her."
"Oh hush you," he pushes me lightly and we start laughing as he opens the door.
"Alex, you're home early today," a voice says, sounding surprised.
"Yeah, I didn't go to Jacks house today," Alex answers.
A short woman walks into the room and looks at the two of us, "But you did bring Jack to our house."
"Yes I did. Jack, this is my mom Isobel, and mom, this is Jack," he points back and forth between the two of us as he does introductions.
"Well it's nice to meet you Jack," Isobel steps forward to shake my hand.
"Nice to meet you too ma'am," I say as we shake hands.
"Oh please don't call me that, Isobel is just fine," she says.
"I'll try but I might ma'am you a lot," I tell her with a slight smile.
She laughs and says the two of us can do whatever we want for the time being.
Alex and I walk upstairs and he automatically plugs in his phone and starts playing music.
"Do you mind?" He asks. "I like to play music when I'm in my room sometimes."
"It's fine, I love The Beatles anyways," I say taking note of the song, Penny Lane playing through his phones speakers.
"That's great!" He says happily.
The two of us sit down on his bed.
"So... what's up?" I ask after a moment of silence.
"Oh you know, the usual, atmosphere, clouds and such."
I lightly punch his arm and laugh at him, "Come on Alex, tell me about how you've been, how was your day when you weren't talking to me?"
"Well Kellin payed me a quick visit this morning."
"What'd he say?"
"Just the regular stuff. Telling me to stay away from you, him being a homophobe, me being smart with him."
"Sounds amazing," I say sarcastically.
"I know right. Is was an amazing conversation," Alex says almost dreamily as he looks off into the distance like he's having a flashback.
"You are so weird," I tell him smiling.
"No, I'm very strange," he corrects me and we continue with stuff like that for the next hour before May texts me telling me to come home.
"I'm very sorry to end this wonderful meeting, but my sister seems to need me home. I shall see you tomorrow good sir," I say standing.
"It's a plan. Who's house are we going to tomorrow?" He asks.
"How about yours again? It's nice here," I answer.
"Alright. See you tomorrow Jack," Alex says.
"Bye," and with that I exit his room, say a quick goodbye to his mom, and begin my walk home.
Alex and I continue this for the next few weeks, and we continue to grow closer to each other, until one day something different happens.
The school day has just ended so the two of us are walking out of the building, talking about any weekend plans we have and when we can hang out when Kellin approaches us with some of his other friends.
"Hey Kellin," I say.
"Hey Jack," he says plainly. "Hi Alex."
"Hi Kellin, what's up?" Alex replies.
"Nothing really. Jack, do you remember that conversation we had a few weeks back?"
"Which one," I ask.
"You know, the one about hanging out with a fag," he says slowly.
"Listen Kellin, I understand you aren't the most tolerant person of gays, but it you have Alex a chance you'd realize that he's actually a lot like us," I explain to him.
"And you do realize that I don't care about that?" He says.
Then before I can answer Kellin and his friends begin beating the shit out of Alex while another holds me back from fighting.
Each time one of their fists or feet makes contact with his body he cringes some but never makes a single sound, and after some agonizingly slow amount of time they all stop and I'm released from the mysterious persons grip.
"Careful Jack, you never know what one person can do to your life," Kellin says before all of them walk away and I rush to Alex's side.
"Alex, I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. I'm so so sorry," I say.
He smiles lightly and I can tell how much pain he's in, "Its fine Jack, we're going to your house right?"
"Yes we're going to my house. How badly did they hurt you? Is anything broken?"
"Don't know," he coughs a little, I slowly pick him up bridal style and he gasps slightly in pain.
"Will this be okay for the walk back to my house?" I ask.
"Perfect," he says leaning his head on my chest.
"Please don't fall asleep on me Alex," I mumble.
"But you're comfy," he mumbles back.
"I didn't mean it that way, Alex. Just please stay awake."
"Alright, how long until we're at your house?"
"Just a couple minutes."
We talk until we get to the house and I carry him inside.
"Jack what happened to him?" May immediately asks me sounding alarmed.
"Kellin and some other guys, just help me clean him up," I answer carrying him upstairs into the bathroom with May following.
I sit him on the toilet and May keeps him awake while I get the medical stuff.
"Alex, lift your arms so I can take your shirt off okay?" I say.
Alex slowly lifts his arms up and I slide his T-shirt over his head.
I clean his wounds and bandage them then give him one of my shirts since his is all dirty.
"Did they hit you anywhere below the waist?" I ask.
"Nowhere besides my balls," he answers.
I chuckle a little then ask, "What about your head?"
"Nope."
"Are you tired?"
"Very."
"Come on, you can go take a nap in my bed," I say helping him stand.
"Do you want a pair of sweats to sleep in?" I ask when we reach my room.
"Sure, please," he yawns.
I grab a pair and hand them to him and wait as he changes, then tuck him under my covers.
I wait until I'm sure he's asleep before I lean down and lightly kiss his forehead. "Sweet dreams Alex," I whisper.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So, sorry about the wait (again) but was the chapter good? Feel free to comment your thoughts.
I hope it's good because it's 2 am right now, so I hope you all liked it and I'll see you in the next chapter.