Chapter 6

Jack's POV
I walk out of homeroom and text Rian.
We need to talk
I find my way to the courtyard where I know Rian will be doing something.
"Rian, can we talk?" I ask when I find him playing on his phone.
"Yeah sure. Come sit Jack," he says putting his phone down.
"What do you have against Alex?" I ask immediately getting to the point.
"Why do you want to know?" He asks suspiciously.
"Just wondering."
"I don't know, nothing really. But everyone in our group has labeled everyone else in this school as an outcasts worthy of either bullying or ignoring, and he's one of them," he explains.
"Then why'd you tell him to leave me alone as he walked into school?" I ask not believing him.
"Jack we've been friends since the sixth grade, stop questioning me and my actions. Why do you even want to know? Why is this kid so important to you suddenly?"
"You do have something against him, what is it?" I press.
"He's an outcast, he's different, he's gay," Rian lists.
"How's he an outcast? He likes the same bands as us, wears the same clothes, acts the same, what makes him different?"
"The way people act with him. He only talks to one kid, something just isn't right."
"You're jealous of him aren't you? I know I am, he has more freedom than us, the kid can practically do anything he wants because he doesn't have to meet he standards of being 'popular'," I tell him.
"I'm also jealous of the fact you've known him for one day and can't stand to think that one friend of yours was a little mean to him," Rian mumbles.
"Why don't you come over this afternoon? Alex and his friend can come over and the four of us will just talk and get rid of the thoughts we have about them before," I suggest.
"Sure, why not."
"Great, see you later Ri," I smile and walk away as the bell rings.
Alex's POV
The bell just rang and Jack's still not back so I guess I have to take his stuff right?
When I finally get to our lockers Jack is standing there patiently.
"So where'd you run off to?" I ask handing him his backpack.
"Off talking to a friend. Can you come over again later?" Jack replies.
I shrug,"Sure."
"Cool, see you in fourth period," Jack says as he grabs all his things from his locker and begins walking down the hall.
I nod to my self and grab the rest of my things and proceed to first period.
-Lunch-
Alex's POV
"Stab me now," I groan laying my head on the table in front of me.
"What happened?" Zack asks.
"Damn math teacher yells at me halfway through class for, not paying attention," I say.
"What were you doing?"
"Just sitting there, then I got tired and laid my head down. I can't help it the class is one of the most boring things in existence."
"Alex, the teacher's an asshole, you can't help the fact that he hates almost all the students," Zack tells me.
"Zack, it's the second day of school. How does a teacher develop hate that fast?" I ask while yawning.
"Some people just can't like other people."
"Those are stupid people," I mumble.
"I know."
Suddenly someone sits down next to me but I can't really bother to look up.
"Can you bring your friend over this afternoon too?" Jack asks.
"Hey Zack, you wanna go to Jacks house this afternoon?"
"Why are we trusting him?" Zack asks and I can basically see him scowling at Jack.
"He's actually not a dick," I mumble.
"How can you prove it?"
"He knows the story."
"Oh, I guess I could come over. What's it for?" He asks sounding shocked.
"No idea. Jack what are we coming over for?" I ask.
"Just a thing. Why won't you lift your head up?" Jack replies.
"Two days of school out of 180 and I'm already wishing it was some form of break," I groan.
The other two laugh.
"Stop laughing at my pain, I know you both feel the same in some way," I mumble.
"Alex, you stay up until 2 in the morning, that's probably one of the sources of your issue," Zack laughs.
"But I'm not tired until then. Why would I go to sleep before that?"
"So you don't get tired in second period math and get yelled at for not paying attention."
"The teacher needs to understand that no matter what time x Alex falls asleep, and no matter what time a Alex wakes up, he is still never going to not be tired in his class during long boring lectures about geometry theory," I explain.
"All that and you still can't stay awake so you can figure out what you're doing with the textbooks," Zack chuckles.
"When are we supposed to get those anyway?" I ask.
"Science ones go out tomorrow I think," Jack says.
"What about math, literature and history?"
"Don't know," Zack and Jack say simultaneously.
"When does lunch end?"
"About ten minutes," Jack says looking at the clock across the room.
"Yay, then I get to learn about dead people, then I get to learn about how their bodies have decomposed," I mumble sarcastically.
"But you get to learn about how they decomposed with us," Jack says excitedly.
The bell rings just as he finishes his sentence and the three of us stand and walk to our separate classes.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
So there's a funny story today(if any of you read this I'll give you an internet cookie).
So I get on the bus and the girl who sits across the isle from me says that her brother knows my brother and that for some reason they were talking about us at dinner for some reason, and her brother said,"Yeah they're house is cool, they have an rv and they're rednecks."
So my family is rednecks now(that sentence sounds really messed up for some reason).